Dive Lake Ouachita! Swamper trip Sept 26/27. Come join us!

Will you be joining the Swampers at Lake Ouachita Sept 26/27?

• Yes, I'll be there, but I won't be using the boat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...I might be there, but I won't be using the boat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if I'll make it, but it can't be anywhere near as bad as the stairs from hell.... :mooner:

True Dat!! You are a real friend to help me out with that, Thomas, thank you again!! And you didn't cry near as much as I expected...:blinking:

Let's count on that. I can always use the company. The more the merrier if anyone else wants to carpool. Plenty of room in the trailer for gear.

I want to carpool in your big truck too. Any room left?

:crafty:

Sorry fellow swampers, but the Kunk's will not be able to make this trip. According to my son's marching band schedule our weekends are tied up with games, and marching contests clear into November. I'm hoping we have one free weekend in October we can slip away and dive...

Rhonda

I accidently stumbled across this thread looking for current viz info at Lake Ouachita as I am going up there this weekend. I usually look under Deep Dixie Divers for this. Is this trip open for a 2 or 3 Louisiana divers or is it just for Texans? My wife and I have only been diving a couple of years but I expect to have 100 dives under my belt by the end of the year with the majority of them being on Lake Ouachita. I am no expert on the lake but I have been up there camping/diving enough that I built my boat "The Dive Shack" mainly to use up there and keep it in dry storage near the lake. There is one unique thing about Ouachita pertaining to camping and diving. That is the lakes numerous islands. Although as mentioned before there is no drive up shore diving alot of the prime dive spots are along the many islands. All one needs is a boat to get you to the island.You can then gear up on shore, dive and not have to worry about your boat being manned or the anchor slipping. Also you can camp on the islands in a tent, boat or houseboat. My boat has bunks and we pull it on an island at night,usually at a dive spot, and just eat, sleep and dive. We also have been spearfishing up there lately and last year at the time of your planned trip the viz was great and water tolerable. That being said if us Louisianians are welcome I can bring my boat. It will probably only accomodate 4-6 divers and gear but I could shuttle folks to an island for diving/camping. It also have GPS mapping/graph to locate those hard to find dive spots (Navionics charts). Also as recommended in a previous thread Ricks Dive Center has a large pontoon that will accomodate probably 20 divers and does weekend dives. They know the lake better than me and I have dove with them up there before. They are a top notch operation. Also not mentioned is that there is air and a dive shop at Brady Mountain. We are renting a house boat up there this weekend and I should have a report for dive conditions and spearfishing early next week.Here is a pic of my boat.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=2&aid=10930&id=1634170765#/photo.php?pid=182664&id=1634170765

Last edited:
Hey k-valve, what time are you planning on being in Austin on the 27th?

I found out today that my wife bought me two tickets to a concert on the 27th as a "surprise". :|

I know it's like an 8hr drive Sunday (or were you planning on coming back Monday? I forget now), so I just wanted to check.

I may be screwed out of this trip by this stinkin' surprise. :(

Hey k-valve, what time are you planning on being in Austin on the 27th?

I found out today that my wife bought me two tickets to a concert on the 27th as a "surprise". :|

I know it's like an 8hr drive Sunday (or were you planning on coming back Monday? I forget now), so I just wanted to check.

I may be screwed out of this trip by this stinkin' surprise. :(

JOhn,

Call me, I will take time off work and carpool as necessary.

If anyone is planning on driving back Sunday, I could ride/drive with them and split gas, I can go up Friday as well.

Blah. Frustrated. :(

Hey, y'all...I'm going to email anyone who participated in the poll and/or this thread, so check your personal messages. I had a little "event" dropped on me a couple of weeks ago, so I can't go on the 27th. That doesn't mean a group who that works for can't go without me, but I'm moving the trip to the first weekend in Oct, which presents one small problem that I'm sure we can resolve.

Anyway...check your PM inbox. I'll post a new poll in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom