Dive Log Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been told 20 minutes underwater or 50 cubic feet of consumed air is a dive.

To add more to this question ... This is something I am curious about. I'm ot sure if this question deserves its on thread.

I have been logging all my dives with details such as depth, time, location, buddy, charter info, divemaster name, the usual stuff, etc but I usually never have anybody sign my book unless I get the chance. Basically half of my dives are "logged" with lots of details but not signed off by a buddy or divemaster even know I could probably track down most of the people I dove with if I wanted to. My question is, if I plan on continuing my certifications to divemaster will they hold this against me? Can I still go for the divemaster or even an instructor if the dives in my log book aren't technically signed off on?

-Mike

I believe to count as a dive for certification purposes, the dive has to be deeper than 20 feet and longer than 20 minutes.

Anytime I enter the water, I log the dive, because I want to remember what happened, but as to number of logged dives, not every dip in the water counts.

It's YOUR logbook, write down what's useful for YOU.[/QUOTE]

This is my thought also. I log every dive and write a summary of each dive. I'm always suprised at how often I look back for some piece of information.

Back
Top Bottom