Dive op with great rental equipment, small boats, gear storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did you have to go and post that for?
Now DandyDon is going to want to bring his own tanks down. Along with his personal locator beacon, pony bottle, Analox carbon monoxide analyzer, snorkel vest, carbon monoxide alarm (for the hotel room), nitrox tester, 3 dive lights (1 for the hotel room), 24' SMB, and his coffee maker.

You forgot the decongestants.

Why is this thread still going? It was a simple question. Not one I could answer as I don't trust anyone's gear, but if he has the bucks - there are plenty of full services & great gear, even tho it won't include some of my essentials.

What did you have to go and post that for?
Now DandyDon is going to want to bring his own tanks down. Along with his personal locator beacon, pony bottle, Analox carbon monoxide analyzer, snorkel vest, carbon monoxide alarm (for the hotel room), nitrox tester, 3 dive lights (1 for the hotel room), 24' SMB, and his coffee maker.
You say that like there's something funny about it? I actually did consider flying tanks on trips back when I got to check 2 - 70# bags for free, but would have been way over still - so I've learned to ask my Ops for big tanks. :wink:

My hotel room emergency light for power outages is just a camp light - small, light, cheap, but lots of light when everyone else goes dark. LED Lamp, LED Telescopic Camping Light | Meritline.com I don't like the switch being on top, but I've learned to remove batteries before packing to avoid accidental activation. They used to carry cheaper ones, some I picked up on sale for $1, but they have plenty of choices under $10. I do carry a small SMB, the same cheap one I carried on every dive since I started - and it's kinda faded, but works. I surfaced alone away from any boats last trip, but one saw me and came over before I got a chance to use my compressed air whistle or better - my PLB. I hollared "Flaying fish" and he got them over. I guess I pronounced that close enough. Oh, I did have my folded snorkel in my pocket for extended floating. :cool:

I can't see going on any overnight trip without a coffee maker, CO room alarm, camp light, and PLB for the drive - but some roads are more isolated here than many of y'all are accustomed to.

You forgot the decongestants.
I never, ever do. In the glove box with the flashlight.

It probably goes without saying that you also have a tool that will cut your seatbelt and shatter a window.

And Mossman keep up the good work, as ever I'm endlessly amused.

It probably goes without saying that you also have a tool that will cut your seatbelt and shatter a window.
A gift from my daughter actually. :D

I actually have one of those... I have serious doubts it would actually work, but don't have a spare window to try it on.

Don is this going to be you when you do your cross country trip to the west?
:)
Overloaded2.jpg

Baggage handler after loading DD's plane:

View attachment 170091

I'm right there with you, Don. Before the influx of onerous baggage fees my wife and I traveled to Cozumel with 4 50# bags and two unweighed carry-ons. Now we have cut way back to 3 50# bags and two unweighed carry-ons. :D

Back
Top Bottom