Dive Operator In Grand Cayman Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyMelton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a good operator in Grand Cayman. Arriving on a cruise
My dad and another want to do Discover Scuba
My daughter and I want to dive without them while they are doing their classroom and confined dive and then accompany them on their first open water dive, and possibly another one.

Any suggestions on dive operators ? Want one that is PADI (preferred, what I am used to) and that will take great care of my Dad...

Thanks

My LDS here in CT has been using DiveTech for many years. I just scheduled my first visit down to Cayman with them near the end of February. I will gladly respond back on my experience when I return. I'm not sure when your trip is so I don't know how helpful that is.

I dove with Wall to Wall back in early June. Great service, small groups. guided dives, computer proflies if you wanted to, and fairly long surface intervals between dives. My son and I reall liked them.. Hope to go out to the kittiwake with them this summer....

My LDS here in CT has been using DiveTech for many years. I just scheduled my first visit down to Cayman with them near the end of February. I will gladly respond back on my experience when I return. I'm not sure when your trip is so I don't know how helpful that is.

I just got back from staying on Grand Caymen :depressed: and dove with Divetech for the reason is they went from open water to rebreathers and I dove with all of them on all my dives. To top it off Divetech picked me up from my Hotel and dropped me off. I do not use the same dive shop as EyeDoc but I thought I would use the quote. Go online send them an email for info, as someone always got back to me with my questions. Hope this helps.

Fuzzy
Just returned from my Carnival Legend visit to Grand Cayman. I spent the day with Living the Dream. Picked me up across the street from the tender dock and brought me back. Top notch service and they made sure I got in a full day of diving (3 boat dives) and made sure I didn't miss the last tender.
I don't know if they could accommodate all you are looking to work out - but you won't know unless you ask them. Like EyeDoc & Scubant said - Send an email - Liz will answer within a couple hours unless she's in the water...

Does any ops offer non guided wall dives? Thnx

Most do if you appear to the DM to be sufficiently experienced. I would say that is true of all the smaller dive ops + Ocean Frontiers and DiveTech. Red Sail and Don Foster's, maybe not.

Does any ops offer non guided wall dives? Thnx

If you wanted to do a shore dive, you can get to the wall from Sunset House, Lighthouse Point and Turtle Reef without too much effort. The wall tends to be sloping rather than sheer, so you need to keep an eye on your depth.

DiveTech is a great choice for Discover Scuba because the dive at either Cobalt Coast or Lighthouse Point is done on a very active mini-wall. Lacking a dive buddy one afternoon, I buddied with a guy whose father and brother were doing the Discover Scuba dive. We tagged along at Cobalt Coast where we saw turtles, squid, a large green moray and the usual, plentiful fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom