Dive operators on ambergris caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have posted in detail in the past and wont bother doing it again

It's only a shame that what you posted wasn't true. I'm sure it's just that your memory seems to have failed you.

Well it was a long time ago now and i really don't remember, but what I do know is you had the opportunity to collect and was advised EXACTLY where to go to collect when you posted online, and that message can easily be seen online, including dates etc if you chose not to follow that persons advice and submit your invoice or bounced check to the resort for payment within the specified timeframe then that is up to you. I followed everything exactly to have a smooth changeover, Everything I posted was fact feel free to contact Mike to confirm as they handled and paid out from the $10,000 I left with the resort you had every opportunity.

At this point anyway Peter we will never agree on this, and in my eyes you now owe me a lot more than you ever think I owed you

Gaz

Last edited:
Isn't it a real shame that this thread/board has been taken over by bickering island business's/persons. to the detriment of the real readers on this board.

Maybe we can all be quiet and allow the board to be used for its real intent which is providing valuable information on diving Belize and not using it as a venting channel for personal vendettas and airing silly typical small island problems.

I'm first to say I'm in

Gaz

Last edited:
Enough of the 'he said - she said' nonsense.

My wife and I dove with AD about 6 years ago as relatively inexperienced divers. The DM (Carlos) took the time to understand our experience and comfort levels. He kept a close eye on us the first few days and by the end of the week, he indicated that he felt we were diving at a level that he could take us to the Blue Hole. Despite much trepidation on the boat ride, we had an excellent experience.

That said, it is a larger shop with all that entails. We have had the luxury of doing a lot of diving since then (currently DMs) and seen many different operations. AD is a decent shop. Boats can be a little crowded and the dockside can be a bit disorganized. I'm not sure how they change that given the volume. We much prefer small '6-pack' boats to keep the group size down. On a 1 - 10 scale of larger operators, I'd give them a 7.

As Sarah at Amemona in Roatan says, "Happy Bubbles".

I agree that the bickering really should cease. Sheesh!

As far as Trip Advisor, I've found it useful and sometimes entertaining but would never solely rely on it as it's obviously subject to abuse. In fact, when I'm looking for a place to stay and especially when looking for a dive op, I'd much rather come to a board like this and ask around for recommendations. Then I check that information against prior posts on the board as well as sites like Undercurrent and Trip Advisor.

I did that last year when we went to Oahu. Worked great, hooked up with a super DM, Gabe, actually an instructor but I didn't need instructing so for my purposes he was a DM. I got some recommendations on the ScubaBoard Hawaii forum, ran him through the above vetting process and could not have been happier with the result.

I'm not interested, and I think the vast majority of us on the sidelines aren't interested, in a bunch of verbal bashing by those in the game. We don't know who to believe but more importantly we don't care. We're just here to find and/or share information about staying and diving in Belize.

Speaking of which, we fly out in 11 weeks, 5 days, 22 hours and 15 minutes. :D

"I'm not interested, and I think the vast majority of us on the sidelines aren't interested, in a bunch of verbal bashing by those in the game. We don't know who to believe but more importantly we don't care. We're just here to find and/or share information about staying and diving in Belize."

Well Said, let's get on with the business of good dive info.

Last edited:
An unreal spot south of Southwater Caye...never mind. It's a secret. :D

I might have to bribe you with a few Belikens when I get down your way Hank :D

I've dived with three of the mentioned shops and will wholeheartedly recommend Amigos and Chuck and Robbie. Great operations, excellent DM's and, in more than one case, service and concern far beyond the norm.

I will never dive with AquaDives again. There are many choices for dive operators on AC these days and several of them are very well-run operations. AD is not.

I can't comment on other shops there as I've only used the three. I'm not shopping for others at this point.

My personal opinion, of course, but I've a goodly amount of experience with dive operators and, as a shop owner, depend on those I recommend to take good care of my customers.

ADM and Robbie have earned my respect and business.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom