Dive plan question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband:
Yeah. <snip>

Joe

Chill out Joe-meister. I grabbed your quote....but it wasn't directed at anyone except the OP.

So maybe now you might feel like the fool for going off, but maybe it wasn't your fault either.

I couldn't give a rats behind what the guy does really. I've seen such dumb shi_t from guys that should know better I've already written off most of the industry so I simply assume that if an instructor doesn't already know he shouldn't be doing stuff he's not trained to do.......he's getting his just rewards, more or less.

Other than that I am giving him sound advice he can use, or ignore, as Doc suggests.

Scuba_Steve:
Chill out Joe-meister. I grabbed your quote....but it wasn't directed at anyone except the OP.

Having my quote and this sentence
My suggestion would be to get training on this and not listen to this fool.
it looked otherwise. No hard feelings.

Joe

Originally Posted by ianr33

Basically the only way to do it as a recreational dive would be a bottom time of 20 minutes and a 35 minute safety stop to make it an hour dive,which I suspect is not quite what you have in mind!

limeyx:
That's not a recreational dive.

It also isn't an hour. lol
Joe

I would run a profile like the following. I'd turn the dive based on thirds (more likely) or max time of 55 minutes (less likely). I'd use Tx30/30 since I get a little narc'd in the 100' range. I like this profile as it gives me sufficient back gas (the remaining third) to complete deco should I have a problem with the EAN50.

(Profile from V-Planner at +3)
Dec to 110ft (1) Triox 30/30 100ft/min descent.
Level 110ft 53:54 (55) Triox 30/30 1.30 ppO2, 39ft ead, 67ft end
Asc to 70ft (56) Triox 30/30 -30ft/min ascent.
Stop at 70ft 1:40 (58) Nitrox 50 1.56 ppO2, 32ft ead
Stop at 60ft 1:00 (59) Nitrox 50 1.41 ppO2, 26ft ead
Stop at 50ft 1:00 (60) Nitrox 50 1.26 ppO2, 20ft ead
Stop at 40ft 1:00 (61) Nitrox 50 1.10 ppO2, 13ft ead
Stop at 30ft 1:00 (62) Nitrox 50 0.95 ppO2, 7ft ead
Stop at 20ft 20:00 (82) Nitrox 50 0.80 ppO2, 1ft ead
Surface (82) Nitrox 50 -30ft/min ascent.

(Add 3-5 minutes for the ascent from 20' to the surface)

168.8 cu ft Triox 30/30
33.5 cu ft Nitrox 50
202.3 cu ft TOTAL

Sideband:
Having my quote and this sentence
it looked otherwise. No hard feelings.

Joe

LOL, hey that was yet another angle I didn't see.

Now that's funny man.

I was stating THIS (me) fool.

No prob dude, she's ironed out.

On another note, the straights, isn't that kinda chilly for one hr BT's plus deco?

I'd sooner see someone doing two shorter dives than one longer one in these conditions. You'd be screwed trying to do 30+mins of deco when it's that cold with a flood.

not to mention the pile of backgas you'd need to reserve for that amount of BT makes it undoable, or at least inadvisable for a few reasons.

If you want 60mins of BT, spread it out over two dives and have far less overhead to worry about.

Aqua Marine, catherine96821, Atticus and Doc Intrepid picked up on what I was asking; thank you for your input. Basically I layed out a desired or theoretical dive concept and wanted to know what approach people would use to accomplish that desired plan. Based on the responses received I would be able to make appropriate training goals to accomplish the desired dive or even decide the dive objective was not worth persuing.

On the other hand I guess its just human nature to assume that people asking questions are morons.

ianr33:
Basically the only way to do it as a recreational dive would be a bottom time of 20 minutes and a 35 minute safety stop to make it an hour dive,which I suspect is not quite what you have in mind!

limeyx:
That's not a recreational dive.

Well, if you make it a dive to 117' (which is 100' using the PADI EAD formula from the nitrox manual) for 20 minutes then it's at the NDL of the PADI Wheel with an ending pressure group of 'O'. You plan it as a multi-level dive with the next level at 15' (which according to PADI's rules has to be calculated as a dive to 35') and you have an ending pressure group of 'T'.

I know 117' isn't precisely equal to 120', but you need to stay at least 3' off the bottom just to keep from pancaking in anyway :)

There, I knew I still had a use for that old PADI RDP Wheel. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom