Dive Report (3/9/03, South Carolina)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good dive.

Also thanks for reminding about Ghosts of the Abyss movie - I don't know about Cpt. Nemo, but this one should be a must to see.

BTW what deco stop you are talking about after 22 minutes at 66 feet?

Sounds like a nice dive! Quite a bit too cold up here in Boston but I'm itching to enter the blue abyss!

Jason

frogxman once bubbled...

BTW what deco stop you are talking about after 22 minutes at 66 feet?

Aha! You're sharp to have picked that up! :)

My buddy (the lovely Raven on this board) wanted to do a 3 minute at 15 feet, but instead we did a minute at 20, a minute at 10, and a 30fpm ascent the whole time... And as you well know, from only 66 feet, that's not even required. In fact, no safety stop is required.

The reason that we did this was because of the incredible chill that we'd bestowed on our bodies. Both of us had sucked two 3300 psi tanks down in that short period of time, and I can assure you that there wasn't much blood flow in either of our bodies. Sure, stopping was overkill, but believe me, there were so many negative factors going on that we decided it a good idea to tough it out another minute or two just to be on the insanely-safe side.

Don't forget that many computers require a 3 minute safety stop for any dive deeper than 33 feet!

...But the reality is that it was just a "bonus" that we gave our bodies because we had gotten so chilled so quickly...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom