Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

06/12/13
10 am
Water temp 79-80 no wetsuit needed unless you get cold easy
Vis 4-6 ft
Some silt reported back lightly
Flat calm in the morning humid hot day with picked up some around 1130

06/15/13
9am-2pm.
1-2' Swell w/ a light N. current
Slight surge on bottom
temp 78 on bottom

Vis 2-6 ft off Englewood to Manasota
Viz 1' or less off Venice

6/16/2013
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas <1'
Wind ESE @ 5
Water Temp 82
Max depth 23'
Vis 2'-4' in the 20' depths 1'-2' closer to shore
Finds 1 2" beat meg, a really nice ear bone, a beat ear bone and the usual small stuff

Today was my first kayaking experience and my first kayak dive I have ever done. Bought a couple of Malibu Pro Explorers and made the trek out to the bone yard.
Time: 11:20ish
Depth: 28-29 feet
Visibility: 8 feet to start. Worst I saw was 4 feet. Mostly between 6-8. Friend floated his way into 22 feet and said it was between 0-2 feet in there.

Finds:
Dive Knife
2 3" 3/4 Frags
3 good size Hemis.
1 Mako
Some other partials

The first tooth in the picture was nearly completely buried. I could only put my finger tips on the end of it and then out pops a near 4 inch frag. Wasn't expecting that.
20130617_222144.jpg

That is OUTSTANDING!! I will be in the water no later than one week from today.

Little late posting, but...

6-20-13
Depth 26-28 ft.
Vis: At times close to 10. Mostly hovered around 7ish. Hit patches of 4-5. There was a lot of snot on top of the water, but it seemed to be mostly surface stuff.
Location: Went out from Alhambra, spent most of my time in front of towers.

Found: Several smaller Megs 1-2 inches. A mid size mako, a good size Hemi, and I think a great white. I am in the process of cleaning them. Will pics when they are clean later.

I passed a father and son on the way out diving a hooka rig. I asked how the vix was and what they'd found, He said they only got one, but when he held it up it looked to be a 5" plus. It was bigger than his son's hand. He said this was his first time diving out there. I told him to come on here and post pictures. Hopefully we see them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom