Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

report I just heard was beach is chocolate milk. If you can get to boneyard (boat/kayak) it is reporting 0 to 4. Was hoping to go Saturday and Sunday, but winds/conditions are favoring Sunday so I am going to abort Saturday and hope for better Sunday. If anyone heard different, please post. Otherwise.... landlocked.

Alright everyone... Should I make the trip up or not? Really want to since I'm not able to that often, but want to be able to see some teeth!

It looks horrible out there right now, but for the next two days, winds are out of the east. I'd shoot for Sunday. I don't think that it'll be settled too much by tomorrow. (In fact, I am considering going on Sunday).

It looks horrible out there right now, but for the next two days, winds are out of the east. I'd shoot for Sunday. I don't think that it'll be settled too much by tomorrow. (In fact, I am considering going on Sunday).

Thank you both for the replies. I won't be able to get there Sunday. It's either Saturday, or someday... 😁 I think I'll have to pass for tomorrow. Good luck to you guys Sunday.

just walked down to the beach for one last look. Still some small rollers on the beach, but nothing breaking out at the bar so things are definitely looking better for you guys. Wish I had another week.
Good luck to all of you and stay safe, and show me some pics so I know what I am missing.
Later

Venice Beach still looks like chocolate milk if anyone is going to do any shore diving. Viz might be a little better if you can get out aways or want to swim to China.

One dive via kayak at least a mile out, 2 ft vis during high tide dropping to 6 inches as the wind picked up. Seas a foot close to shore and 2 – 3 offshore. That chocolate water color at the beach and could see the sand about 4 inches down. Only one other diver and it was their first time at Alahambra. Was lucky to spot a 2.5 inch meg, peak dive season appears over for me. :(

3 dives... 0 to 2 ft (couldn't count my fingers) on the first dive an 1/2. Later in day.... Headed more South (Service Club area) and things were "better" ... 0 to 3...

Heard Pier area and Manasota had better conditions. I did ok on last dive (eyes were probably used to darkness!... saw more crabs than fish).... but it was a small patch. Found mako, hemi and nice megs but it was a 20x20 area (got lucky)... otherwise would have come up dry (sort of :) ).

If you can do Tuesday, shoot for then is my view... winds are looking better. If you go, keep on Kayak (like I did)... try multiple areas until you find one... I think fossil beds will be better in a week or so. Might go Tuesday as well only because will be out of town for a week after that...

Heard that Pier area and Manasota Key had better viz... Boneyard not so much.

Tuesday it is! Got a new Steel 120 I can't wait to give a go. Hoping the viz will clear up at least to 4-5 feet in a couple days.

Sun: 7-7-13
Englewood Viz 6-8' in 25'
Manasota Viz 4-6' in 29'
Venice Viz 1-3' mostly 1' or less
Temp 83
Water is green on incoming tide but
still very do-able down south...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom