Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7/14/2013
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas 1'+
Wind ESE@5
Water Temp 86
Vis 3'-12'
Finds
001_crop.jpg002_crop.jpg

7-17-13 Wed:
Venice Boneyard
Temp 85
Viz @ 9 am 15' at 22'-30'
Viz @ 11am 6-8' at 18-24'

Hit the high tide to get the best viz...
High tide was around 8am this morning...
you could see a big difference in viz quality...

Ok Venice locals. I would like to dive this weekend but need some insight from you. I want to dive Broward. Anyone been in the last couple days? whats the conditions? any input would be great. Looking to dive early morning.

Thanks,
Matt

S. Brohard, Venice 7:00
Surf 2 plus feet
Vis - 15 - 20'
Temp - 85
wind - SSE at 5 - 10 MPH

About one mile off shore in 30 feet of water.
30 minute dive got chased out of the water by sharks, 5 of them. Came to the surface to grab my camera and spotted two Dorsal fins. Jump up on the Yak after I got out of my BC in 5 seconds flat.
That was a huge rush! I spotted five sharks and 2 dolphins all around the kayak. There was several areas with bait fish pieces floating on the surface. I chicken out. I thought shark week was in August. Dive safe!

best laugh all day. thanks! i can honestly say if it had been me it would have looked like an octopus had been in survival mode as i would have most loikely inked my shorts.

matt

I would have walked on water ..... I have heard dolphins while I was out and often wondered about running into a shark or 2 .....

07/21/13 Sunday 10 am
28 ft vis 8-10 ft
Water temp - 80
Sea conditions flat scattered showers short celes
High tide
Report posted directly from boat

Some nice teeth found as always. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom