Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did Broward this afternoon.
Half mile out.
Water temp 87
2 to 3 foot seas
Depth 22ft max
1 tank dive.
Visibility depended on location. Some spots less than a foot and others up to 5 feet. Water was very active at depth.
Found the usual little stuf plus a 1.75inch flawless meg.
Will be back in the morning.

Dove Broward again today.
Strong winds as mentioned above.
Half mile out .
water temp 88
depth 20ft
2 tank dive

Visibility on the first dive was great at 10 to 15 feet. Second dive saw the visibility drop dramatically as the wave action became more aggressive.3 to 5'. Again today the water was very active at depth. Found one 3" meg in average+ condition and a bunch of little teeth as well. All and all was a good day for a dive even if my Yak was trying to jerk me all over the place. Had 3' swells to deal with on way back to shore, awesome to say the least. :wink:

Matt

S Brohard at 10:00 am. Incoming tide, water temp 86, viz 3 - 8 ft depending on where you were. Lots of snot but the green tint seems to be gone. No jellies. :)

8-13-13
25' of water off Dog Beach
Vis 10'+
88 surface temp
Seeing alot of Jellyfish on the surface.
Water is still green/brown

Report from boat at 10:10am.

08/16 fri
seas 3-4 bigger troughs rough
vis 1ft vis
water temp 84
came back after ride out canceled due to conditions
not good today or Sat by way conditions look

Yeah Aristakat... NOW U TELL ME... just kidding... love posts... finds... all...

When he said he found 1 ft... I WISH FOR that... Yak diving .... 5 spots between Service Club and Alhambra. NO VIZ. Was hoping for my birthday weekend (18th) more... but no. Sat on beach for a few hours and again... but this time MIGHT have been closer to Cuba! again no viz. Sorry for me and my bday weekend.... Sorry for charters (know you had some of my peeps on them!). Yeah... my karma for bday weekend... must have bitten a shark in a past life. Sorry to take you fellow divers with me!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom