Dive Rite RG1200 Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard that these regulators are comparable to Scuba Pro and Apeks regs. Anyone have experience with these? Lay on the facts not the fiction.

Thanks.

I have asked several cavers I've see with 'em how they like 'em. No one has had anything less than "great" to say about 'em.
Here's a review I found in an Aussie e-zine.
-----------------------------------
Obviously, divers in this position have a pressing need for regulators that combine top-of-the-line performance with something less than a top-of-the-line price tag. That is exactly what Dive Rite's new regulators do.
Over the past few months, the Dive Rite team has used these regulators extensively in all of their day-to-day diving (which can be very demanding). All
we can say is don't let the low price of these regulators mislead you. They are the equal of just about anything. All Dive Rite regulator system components
incorporate Viton O-rings and are assembled using oxygen-compatible lubricants. Divers can choose between bright yellow, blue, green and black faceplates.
Balanced Diaphragm Regulator: Dive Rite's primary regulator system combines a high-performance, balanced diaphragm first stage with an adjustable second stage. The first stage features four low-pressure ports, on a swivelling base, and two high-pressure ports. It comes standard with a 300-bar DIN connector and yoke adaptor. The second stage comes equipped with a high-leverage breathing resistance adjustment knob, which has a range of adjustment that is well above average. For maximum reduction in "cracking" effort, the tip of the demand lever is even equipped with a small roller bearing.
Alternate Air Source Second Stage: Also available is a non-adjustable "octopus" second stage. It is nearly identical to the second stage that comes with the balanced diaphragm regulator; however, it lacks that second stage's adjustment knob.
Diveline has one of the first of these regulators, recently
imported into Australia, over the last week or two and Pedr has tried it out when diving on the Coogee last weekend.
----------------------
Rick

I have only been diving since June of this year. I purchased this reg based on the shop owners comments based on personal use and what he had available in the shop (I was buying for myself, my wife, and two daughters). I have used it on the last 8 dives in local quarries and Lake Michigan. I have found it to work well. Since I have not taken it into any truly challenging environment (only to 60' and about 60 degrees) I cannot comment on it too extensively. I am happy with it.

Also, once it allowed me to dive when my LDS was down to its last tank - a HP Steel. Have the ability to use DIN values allowed me to dive. Versatility is always important.

Just MHO,
S

Pretty impressive
More on Dive rite web site

"TO: LAMAR HIRES, DIVE RITE

SUBJECT: DIVE RITE REGULATOR UPDATES
DATE: 1/10/2003
CC: BILL MCDERMOTT, OUTER BANKS DIVE CENTER

WANTED TO DROP A LINE TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON THE DIVE RITE REGULATORS BEING TESTED AND USED HERE AT THE NORTH CAROLINA AQUARIUM ON ROANOKE ISLAND. PROBABLY MOST AMAZING AND AT THE TOP OF OUR LIST IS THE FACT A DIVE RITE RG-1200 FIRST STAGE/RG-1215 SECOND STAGE REGULATOR SET DONATED BY DIVE RITE AND PUT INTO AQUARIUM SERVICE FOR TESTING PURPOSES BACK IN JULY OF 2001 IS STILL GOING STRONG. THE REGULATOR SET HAS BEEN USED DAILY IN OUR SHOWCASE 285,000 GALLON "GRAVEYARD OF THE ATLANTIC" EXHIBIT WHICH IS ENTIRELY SALTWATER AND CONTAINS SOME 450 ANIMALS. AT LAST COUNT YESTERDAY THE REGULATOR HAS 1,113 DIVES WITH A CORRESPONDING 981 INDIVIDUAL HOURS OF DIVE TIME ON IT. TO DATE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN TERMS OF SERVICE HAS BEEN DONE AT ALL WITH THE REGULATOR SET EXCEPT MONITOR INTERMEDIATE PRESSURE. THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THE TESTING INTERMEDIATE PRESSURE HAS ONLY GONE FROM 140 PSI (ORIGINAL SETTING) TO 142 PSI (PRESENT READING). SUFFICE TO SAY WE HAVE DONE PROBABLY ABOUT 11 YEARS OF DIVING ON THAT PARTICULAR REGULATOR SET IN ABOUT 18 MONTHS OF SERVICE. ALSO, BESIDES THE ONE ALREADY MENTIONED WE NOW HAVE A TOTAL OF TWELVE DIVE RITE RG-1200/1215 REGULATOR SETS IN "ACTIVE" USE AT THE AQUARIUM. SINCE WE DO WELL OVER 3,000 INDIVIDUAL DIVES PER YEAR MANY OF THOSE SAME REGULATOR SETS ALREADY HAVE OVER 300 DIVES ON THEM AS WELL IN LESS THAN A YEAR.

SAFE DIVING AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!!!"

_

"Lamar,

Next week marks the one year anniversary of our testing the Dive Rite 1200 regulators under severe aquarium diving conditions. Of the two regulators being monitored mine has 488 dives on it with some 447 hours underwater. And the other in general staff use has an unbelievable 813 dives on it with a corresponding 745 hours underwater. Nothing has been overhauled and/or changed out on either regulator and the intermediate pressure on both is still 141 psi. Suffice to say we have no idea when overhaul will be required since there are no indications of problems in either. But there is a distinct possibility 1,000 dives could be accomplished on the latter regulator by the end of this summer. By any standards that would be a truly remarkable accomplishment. Right now in one year you have put an average of six to seven years of diving on each of those two regulators if the standard of 100 dives a year is used for a common benchmark for heavy use open water diving.

As for the twenty-four Dive Rite Transpac II's in staff inventory all have over 300 dives on them and some even have close to 450 (mine included). All look pretty much as they came "new" to us eleven months ago which is also quite remarkable as well. With no exposure to sunlight there has been no fading noted whatsoever in the fabric texture ither. Matter of fact the only real sign of wear is in the "Dive Rite Transpac II" label stitching on the front shoulder harnesses on but a few of the B/C's.

Suffice to say in my six years of aquarium diving never have dive products held up so well under the day to day diving experienced in the fast pace world of aquarium operations.

Pat Murphy

Is it just me or does that 1st stage look really familiar????

DS4????

hummmmm???

i echo wheezy's wheeze. who's the original equipment maker (OEM) of these rigs? no reflection on their performance or reliability (no doubt they perform asclaimed and attested) but the diagphragm plate looks a lot like zeagle/parkway/genesis.

then there's the 1st stage. are both stages made by the same OEM?

T72

I love my Dive Rite regs. My favorite feature is the ease of which you can remove the face plate and clean out the second stage. It can be done at depth with gloves on if you drop your reg into some silt.

I still haven't figured out how I would do this to my Apeks.

jonscubas:
I heard that these regulators are comparable to Scuba Pro and Apeks regs. Anyone have experience with these? Lay on the facts not the fiction.

Thanks.

i own a couple ....so after being used them for a time i can tell you they are VERY good regulators...with a simple mechanism...even you can buy the overhaul kits by internet...i recomend you strongly...

Ok, let me clear the air here. Apeks regs are made in the UK. Dive Rite's regs are manufactured in Asia. The same company that makes these regs for Dive Rite also makes regs for a few others...

So, to answer everyone's innuendo, Apeks does *NOT* make the Dive Rite regs.

LUBOLD8431:
Ok, let me clear the air here. Apeks regs are made in the UK. Dive Rite's regs are manufactured in Asia. The same company that makes these regs for Dive Rite also makes regs for a few others...

So, to answer everyone's innuendo, Apeks does *NOT* make the Dive Rite regs.

i don´t know who makes these regs...i just know apeks is not the only good reg in the world....

Back
Top Bottom