Dive Rite Vs. Apeks

Which do you prefer?

• Apeks ATX50

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Dive Rite RG2500

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNTdiver

Reaction score
Dive Rite RG2500 or Apeks ATX50

What one would your prefer and WHY? Why do you think one is better than the other?

I was just in this same boat last week. I'm sure they are both fine regulators. That said, I went with the Apeks DS4/ATX50. Saved myself $80 in the process. I'm sure you'll be happy with either set-up.

Jason

The Dive Rite First stage seems to be an Apeks DST clone without the environmental seals like one of those generic ones that is made by another company. I just think that the apeks have more engineering behind them and they have been perfected over the years to be an excellent reg. As for hte Dive Rite second stage I have not used one. Again this is not to say that Dive Rite makes a bad reg, I am sure that they work well in the freshwater, not-ice cold caves of florida a they may have been intended to, but I would just prefer the Apeks.

I've never used the Dive Rite, so I can't comment. However, I can't imagine a better reg than my DS4/TX50!

Back
Top Bottom