Dive Shop recommedations in Melbourne/Sebastian/Vero area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler:
Are you looking for new members (in addition to billblack) ?

We're always looking for new members. The July 12th meeting will be really laid back... We're going to talk about our trip to Bonaire, eat ice cream, and socialize. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Al

I'll do my best to be there tonight.
I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for the invitation!
bill

Bill,

Not tonight, next week on the 12th. I went to a meeting years ago, but never went back. Go figure, I was a Scoutmaster, had two young kids, and I was travelling a lot on business.

DennisW:
Bill,

Not tonight, next week on the 12th. I went to a meeting years ago, but never went back. Go figure, I was a Scoutmaster, had two young kids, and I was travelling a lot on business.

Dennis,
FYI... we also have a Scuba Venture Crew in Melbourne. Our crew number is very fitting... 820 We meet the first and third Tuesday every month.

Al

Just a brief report on my weekend dive class at Hatt's.
First and foremost, the Hatt family and their employees could not be more pleasant, helpful and knowledgable. No pressure to buy any specific equipment, just a clear explanation of the differences in functionality and pricing.
The course was taught by Donna Askew, who, as I understand it, usually teaches instructors courses. Our scheduled instructor had a medical situation that prevented him from teaching the course and Donna filled in.
What a great teacher...TONS of experience, a good communicator and able to keep everyone's attention all weekend.
The equipment and the facility were topnotch...excellent instruction, great experience overall.
Next weekend will be 5 dives...2 beach dives on Saturday and 3 boat dives on Sunday. I'll post a report after I get back.
I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. So far...so very good.
BTW...though I did not make the July 12 meeting, I'd love to attend the next one and plan to be there.
Have a great mini-season, everyone...

Hello.
I am about to take an O/W dive class and would like to know what is the best regulator I can get and which one should I buy as a beginner?
Many thanks!

catgrl2147:
Hello.
I am about to take an O/W dive class and would like to know what is the best regulator I can get and which one should I buy as a beginner?
Many thanks!

Don't skim on your reg! Get the best that you can afford. I like my Sherwood Maximus. Post this over on the regulator forum.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom