Dive Shops in central KY and where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woody74

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All.... I'm new to Kentucky, and am looking for a local dive shop to get air fills and gear. I looked on the internet and found several shops. Any recommendations? Any warnings? I need help, because I got burned in Alabama several times....

Also, I would like to dive somewhere local. I know that I'm in the middle of horse farms....but there's got to be someplace.

HELP!!!!

I live in Lexington, Ky and frequent New Horizons for Service, Classes and Gear. I have not been disappointed yet. The staff are nice and very helpful.
As for places to dive... Pennyroyal Scuba, Mermet Springs, Cerulian and Gilboa are near.

Hey..thanks a bunch. I had several people mention New Horizons around town, but I hadn't been there yet.

It looks like Scubaboard gets some trips together. Is anybody invited, or do yo uhave to "be in the circle of trust"?

Is there much to see at Fallen Rock? What about gearing up areas? We dove a quarry in West Georgia a lot, and it had several shelters built for camping, cooking, and made gearing up a lot easier....

Woody74:
Hey..thanks a bunch. I had several people mention New Horizons around town, but I hadn't been there yet.

It looks like Scubaboard gets some trips together. Is anybody invited, or do yo uhave to "be in the circle of trust"?

I'm in charge of the initiations out at Falling Rock. It's not too bad, you will just
bleed a little!:D Actually you are in the inner circle as a KPP member!

Well, it's always good to now that you're "in"! As far as bleeding.....just don't make it TOO painful! Otherwise, I've had to bleed to dive before!!!! You know how those southerners are!

Woody74:
Well, it's always good to now that you're "in"! As far as bleeding.....just don't make it TOO painful! Otherwise, I've had to bleed to dive before!!!! You know how those southerners are!

BTW, Welcome to the board! Joe's is a pretty good quarry to dive. A little primitive
but there are shelters and gear stands. There is no compressor on site, so if you come
out to join us, bring full tanks!

What is the cost to dive at "Joe's"? Does he give discounts to a large group?

$15 for divers, I think $7-8 for non-divers. No discounts for large groups
other than free camping like we had this last weekend. I should explain,
we call it Joe's since he is a character, really nice guy. The quarry is called
Falling Rock Scuba Park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom