dive simulator for gas planning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did a search, but could not find it.

I'm wondering if you have dive simulator in the works/available with the UEMIS ZH-L8+ algorithm. The reason I'm asking is for pre-dive gas planning.

matt

This usually has the same effect as calling out - Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice!

DiveNav must have a rare night off...:D
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/divenav.html

Well, I am wrong again...
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5519798-post1.html

Last edited:
Hey Laura, without going into too much detail. How does this computer shine when compared to the Galileo Sol? Thanks!

Hey Laura, without going into too much detail. How does this computer shine when compared to the Galileo Sol? Thanks!

Brighter.

That made me laugh. A smarter computer? My Sol is now on the short yellow bus? :depressed:

You asked not to go into too much details. I was just following instructions and answered in not too much details how does it shine compared to Sol.

LOL...

as a start... (if you want more, i'll be back after cooking breakfast) :wink:

I find it a to be a nicer unit. more intuitive, better screen, works with a mac and windows computer, easy firmware updates, portals data between the SDA, the myuemis logbook and the international divecommunity (as in if you are going on vacation and want to put some dive sites you plan on doing into your SDA ahead of time it's easy)

it figures workload based on respiration/gas consumption, no need for a Heartrate monitor because, well, the heart and lungs are connected.

.....How does this computer shine when compared to the Galileo Sol? ....
2many_dc_b.jpg

Nice pic. Unfortunately for my entertainment budget I am familiar with two of those...

once you've dove it at night, or scootering, or whilst video-ing or being video'd, you'll never want to dive another gauge. the visibility of the screen is second to none (speaking from experience, cause half of my dive buddies have X1's and i have dove the OLED shearwater on CCR)

you can see the gas and time of up to 6 of your buddies. each SDA can read 3 of it's own 'linked' transmitters (I've tried it off label on my breather to see the pressure on my O2, Dil and Bailout) and for future reference, i think when they get to CCR mode, it will be awesome.

mixed gas has (when it releases) like 10 gas mixture choices (as in you can have 10 stored in the SDA at a time and be able to edit each of them just like in nitrox)

and for those who want a little 'less' information, you can always use it in gauge mode :wink:

Depth averaging will be in the same release as mixed gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom