Dive Sports Quarry Night - Madison Quarry - Thursday Evening August 21 - FREE Food!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank everyone who came out for our Quarry Nights event. I think everyone had a great time and we ended up with 65 people! That is quite a crowd for a Thursday night. Personally, I really want to thank Brad, Jonathan, and Gary for the setup, the cooking, the on-the-fly equipment repairs, and all of the hard work.

Should we do this again?

Phil Ellis

Yes, just on a weekend so I can come up there! (I need a place to stay.. Phil? Mike_s? :wink:)

Michael

I want to thank everyone who came out for our Quarry Nights event. I think everyone had a great time and we ended up with 65 people! That is quite a crowd for a Thursday night. Personally, I really want to thank Brad, Jonathan, and Gary for the setup, the cooking, the on-the-fly equipment repairs, and all of the hard work.

Should we do this again?

Phil Ellis

heck yeah we should do this again!

I'll post some pictures later after I get them uploaded.

Last night was incredible!!!

I want to thank everyone, the Dive Sports crew for getting this set up, the divers for making it so much fun, and my staff for keeping the quarry operational while I fight with my unhappy back.

I really appreciate all the support everyone has been giving with the quarry.

Well here are some pics from last night.

It was Michelle's birthday, so she got a cupcake with candles on it

DSC_3197.jpg

DSC_3199.jpg

Shot across the quarry. For those not familiar with the quarry, that white object sticking up in the middle of the quarry is an old MinuteMan Missile.

DSC_3200.jpg

Phil (sitting on cooler) with Becky & Clyde (sitting in back).

DSC_3202.jpg

DSC_3203.jpg

DSC_3204.jpg

DSC_3205.jpg

John with his LP40 Doubles getting ready to dive

DSC_3206.jpg

DSC_3210.jpg

James getting ready for a night dive as daylight starts to fade.

DSC_3211.jpg

William tending to the "fire".

DSC_3212.jpg

Rharbis1 and Rocketman relaxing

DSC_3213.jpg

License Plate on vehicle at the quarry.....

DSC_3214.jpg

Last edited:
We had a great time and would love to come back again. Thanks to all who worked to make it happen.

I seen those LP 40's, or some like them in DS a while back. I bet those are some easy diving doubles.

I got three good long dives in, using a set of stages and about a 1000psi off a set of 108's, but I wish I could escape the backache. May have to consider something smaller someday.

Ken

Should we do this again?

Phil Ellis
I vote we do it every Thursday night! :D Amazing there were so many people but it did not seem crowded.
Thanks to al of you for putting it together - it was a great time! (Just like the next ones are going to be)

Mike,
Why can't I see your pictures? I see the boxes with the 'X' in them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom