Dive spots in PA, MD or Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcollin160

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for some dive spots in Pa, Maryland or ohio. I havent been able to find a comprehensive list of dive locations in each state. looking for some locations for day trips.

Where the heck's Curwensville? I thought I knew most of PA?!?!? I'm guessing according to where you are asking, it's south west PA?

Along the PA/MD border is Guppy Gulch. Towards NJ is Dutch Springs. Midway between are Bainbridge (close to Harrisburg) and Willow Springs (the other side of Lebanon)

Hope some of this helps!

I was at dutch springs last fall, Mt storm a couple weeks ago. Its been a long time for bainbridge.
What and where is Hydes Quarry in Maryland? is it just for divers or just a place to get wet.

Is there anything near the Ohio border?

There is Blue hole quarry near altoona, haven't been there but plan on a trip. It's a private quarry open to diving, but I believe there's a small entrance fee. I try to dive the jay street bridge in Lock Haven since its close. About 15' deep, but usually great viz. I'd love to find other places closer too.

Hmm. There's the Dog Pond in Caddis Ohio right next to Weirton off 22. PM me for details. Strawberry Quarry at Slippery Rock but you need to be with an instructor who has permission to dive there. B&B in Hillsville Pa. Shallow but 4 boats, large iron pipe to swim thru. Interesting little wall, showers, changing rooms, fully equipped shop on site since 1960, and it's only 5 bucks to get in. There's also the Yough Dam on the PA MD border on 40 near Markleysburg. I can think of more but it depends on what you are looking for.

I was at dutch springs last fall, Mt storm a couple weeks ago. Its been a long time for bainbridge.
What and where is Hydes Quarry in Maryland? is it just for divers or just a place to get wet.

Is there anything near the Ohio border?

Sorry I hadn't seen this.

Hydes Quarry is accessed through on of the LDSs. Undersea Outfitters in Finksburg, MD.

Personally I have not been there yet. I'm supposed to go on the 10th or 11th. It is only 55ffw. We'll see. It wouldn't be worth the drive your your area. I'd check out Black Moshannon before I'd come down for that.

One of my favorite websites as I travel (and seek dive spots along the way) is Lake Diver which currently has 6 sites listed for PA, 1 site for MD and 6 sites for OH. If folks have identified other freshwater dive areas around the country then please submit them for inclusion!

Back
Top Bottom