Dive support vehicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a great idea I will have to see if I can find one for my Blazer.

you can get them for floor mats also. they work 10 times better than factory floor mats, especially if you get in/out in the mud a lot.

you can get them in about any color and for rear seats also.

well worth the money

HuskyFloorMatTan.jpg

This is a great idea I will have to see if I can find one for my Blazer.

Most autoparts stores or truck accessory places should be able to order them if they don't have them in stock.

If you are looking for floor mats, the truck we have came with some that I think are Husky. I am not fond of them and will eventually replace them with Weathertech units.

They may cost more but they look a 100 times better and seem like they will fit way better than these Husky ones..

Our truck seats 7 but we put the cooler in the middle of the bench seat so its really a 6 seater for all 6 of us diving (usually the 5 of us and 1 friend)

If you are looking for floor mats, the truck we have came with some that I think are Husky. I am not fond of them and will eventually replace them with Weathertech units.

They may cost more but they look a 100 times better and seem like they will fit way better than these Husky ones..

Our truck seats 7 but we put the cooler in the middle of the bench seat so its really a 6 seater for all 6 of us diving (usually the 5 of us and 1 friend)

All but one of my Husky ones fit great.

the WeatherTech ones are nice, but they don't have that "raised lip" to hold in dirt, sand, slush/snow, water,etc. (some folks like that raised lip, some don't. )

Ours is a 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 2WD, standard cab. Since it's just my wife and I, it works fine for getting us to the dive site, plus gets 27 MPG and has been the most rock-solid, reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

There's only two things I don't like about my Tacoma: No cruise control, and it has the wimpiest doggone horn I think I've ever heard on a truck.

There's only two things I don't like about my Tacoma: No cruise control, and it has the wimpiest doggone horn I think I've ever heard on a truck.

you can get aftermarket upgrades and add that for fairly cheap. check JC Whitney. I think they sell an aftermarket cruise control.

I've considered it a few times, but just haven't bit the bullet and done it yet.

I've also considered hitting the local junk yard and finding a beefier horn off another type of vehicle. Of course, what I'd really like (unrealistic though it may be) is a compressor, surge tank, and a set of horns off a diesel locomotive (go ahead... cut me off in traffic... make my day...).

27mpg in a truck is pretty impressive. I can usually expect to net 20mpg on the highway in mine but once going downhill with a tailwind I got 22...
Is your truck a 4cyl?

Our main vehicle for diving is a GMC Savanna ,full size van. For foor mats in all of the vehicle cargo beds I got some of the black .040 rubber roofing material. It's about 50 cents a square foot in 10 foot width. I trimmed it in to cover all of the floor and left it about 18 inches long at the back. I open the doors and flop it down to protect the sills and bumper from salt water. After 3 years of diving it's as clean as a whistle.

I'll try to get some pictures of the rest of the accommodations.

Pete

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom