Dive support vehicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

27mpg in a truck is pretty impressive. I can usually expect to net 20mpg on the highway in mine but once going downhill with a tailwind I got 22...
Is your truck a 4cyl?

Yep; the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine with the 5 spd manual I'm stupid. It's one of Toyota's tried-and-true designs, and a solid, smooth running engine. We have an older Shetland Palomino tent trailer, and the truck pulls it just fine. With that kind of load, the mileage drops down to around 20 - 22. I kind of inherited from my Dad an almost OCD habit of recording the odometer reading and gas consumption at each fill-up. A sudden change in mileage can indicate a problem that might not be apparent otherwise yet.

I've calibrated my speedometer against the GPS, and at 75 MPH, it's within 1 MPH, so the odometer should be in the same ballpark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom