Dive watch/bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zi55ou

Registered
Reaction score
Our club is looking to invest in some equipment for new members. In a perfect world we would like to get a console with spg, depth gauge, compass and bottom timer, but sadly our budget will not allow this. I'm looking for recommendations on reasonably priced dive watches or bottom timers. The students will be planning their dives on tables so no deco capability is needed we want to encourage them to invest in their own equipment but not saddle them with a burdensome buy list when they first take part.

I'm fully aware that this may not be the optimum configuration for a new diver so please don't reply with "those consoles are tripe or they should all buy their own computer" I know this already.

I may be biased, but I really like the idea of divers learning to plan their dives! I'm currently on the hunt for a decent bottom timer as well. I have a puck computer that I put into gauge mode for use as a bottom timer, but I don't like that I have to go through a bunch of menus on the single button to get to the gauge mode. I've been looking at the ScubaPro digital 330M, but at $265, it seems a bit pricey for what it is. Given that you can buy an actual computer for less, it seems like someone should be able to make a cheaper, basic bottom timer. I'll be interested to hear other suggestions.

Hi
The cheapest bottom timer would be a cheap real diving watch like the automatic Casio MDV 106 good to 200M at around 50usd.
Or why don't you just ask your club members to get themselves a 200M or even 100M cheap digital watch like a Casio G?
As for depht meter, wrist analog is the way to go for a cheap solution.
But you might get a digital bt-depht from Uwatec by looking around...

Loved my little ancient bottom, but it died. Been looking for a simple bottom timer to back up my computer. Just ordered on amazon LAD Weather Snorklemaster for $77.

Back
Top Bottom