Dive Watch + Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with a basic analog watch and a console, air integrated computer. I'm too much of a dive junky to be sidelined by broken computer!

PF

You can also just buy a cheap air only dive computer as a backup. That way you have redundancy with time and depth. Takes up the same amount of space as a watch.

Generally i wear computer on right wrist, watch clipped off to a D ring where i can see it. Backup tables live in my wing pocket.
Depth gauge is on a console with my spg.

If your computer fails you want a second source of depth, time and deco/get out tables.

That said, my computer hasnt yet failed me but the watch has :)

My gage set has a built in bottom timer and depth indicator and can track multiple dives. I wear a Cyber Aqualand NX watch/computer.

Watch and computer , no tables with me , not for rec. diving . If something fails , i know how deep ive been , know how much air i have , know how long ive been under and of course my dive buddy will have a working set . I both of ours fail , cruise twords the surface and do a nice safely stop.

Personally I use an Aladdin Air Z Nitrox Wrist mounted with transmitter) and a Hyper Aqualand, which incidently goes into my BC Pocket (hates the utlra sensitive ascent alarm going off if moving arm when using cam/video) - as already said, on 99.9% of ALL dives but underwater topography they are unlikely to be exactly a square dive, so tables not that much use for TOTAL accuracy - EVER found a flat sea bed yet? with no coral outcrops or a wreck less than 1 M high ??? ...lol.. be a pretty boring dive if it was ... unless you are on search and recovery of course .

I always have 2 methods of time underwater. SPG, not really, computer not often.

Where I dive, you can't go any deeper than the bottom and you knew where that is before you left the boat. If anything goes wrong, the boat is only 100' away normally. Trying to see how far you can push without proper indications isn't worth it, you can dive tommorow. If the computer goes out, I'm kinda screwed anyway as it is impossible to calculate most dives on tables.

I wear a Oceanic Data Trans Plus on the right and the dive watch on the left. The watch comes in handy to time your safety stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom