Dive watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Luminox 2

I have 1 for diving and 1 for everyday wear.

I went through 2 of these in 2 days. I bought and took it home jumped in the pool and it leaked. I went back and they gave me another one. I went the next day on a dive to 80' in the Gulf and it leaked as well. I know they have a good reputation but I had some serious bad luck with them.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I went through 2 of these in 2 days. I bought and took it home jumped in the pool and it leaked. I went back and they gave me another one. I went the next day on a dive to 80' in the Gulf and it leaked as well. I know they have a good reputation but I had some serious bad luck with them.

Really? I would say that was some bad luck.
I bought my gf a freestyle watch on sale from Divers Direct and it flooded the first time she used it in the keys.I got her a replacement and it seems to be ok so far.

I have had the Luminox 0100 series and broke the plastic where the band attaches. I swithed to the 3100 series and the only problem I have had since was the bands wearing out. I have 3 of them, and the only real issue I have is the scratches on the face and usual wear and tear.

That sux, my first one took so much punishment that I bought another just like it. Worried that they might discontinue the model or something crazy. I have the 3100 series

Site - Luminox Watches:

Go with a Seiko orange monster automatic, if it leaks it will still work unitl you get done with you dive. Then bring it in and they will change out the seal and oil. the spring that provides the power to the mechanical motor will not short out if flooded. And they are not to expensive.:D

Luminox...

Site - Luminox Watches:

Couldn't even tell you how many years or how many dives it's been on... lots...
Never had issue one...

Luminox gets my vote too. I bought an 8000 series chrono to replace my 10 year old hyper aqualand I lost. That says a lot for Citizen...took a licking and kept on...well, whatever electronic watches do instead of ticking. I just like the analog retro look of the Luminox and the fact that you don't have to push a button to read it in the dark.

What does a dive watch mean?

Only water proof feature or any gauge features included?

I wear a Seiko Orange Monster with a Maratac band as my everyday watch. I also have a Citizen Aqualand Duplex (Also with a Maratac band) but the watch I dive with is a Timex Expedition that I've had down to more than 100'.

Back
Top Bottom