DiveLand and Loch Low-Minn this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cewarbin:
Loch...Freindly folks run the place, and I talked to Rick about his Nitrox setup, and it is a new blending station set up by a dive shop in Knoxville, all new hozes, lines, etc and air supplied is from his better than Class E filtration and compressor. The O2 runs into a mixer where the air and O2 come together. It has an anylizer at that point to get the mix correct, and is blended to the correct blend at that point. Downstream there is another anylizer that checks gas mix before it enters the tank. Clean and sano setup... This is not like a setup where the whips are just used any old way, and positive pressure is maintained in the lines. This is a totaly new setup, and all the gear was installed by a shop that does installations of this type.
Thanks for the Low down Hoss. I wish rick would have explained this in the two different emails I got back in the issue, but eh, what can you do. It sounds like he is Continuous blending with a Nitrox Stick to me and not Partial Pressure Blending. Is that what you take it as?

Matt

Awww matt wait till you meet me in person I am a He*$ on wheels.. and if you don't like me trust me it won't keep me awake at night..... Matter of fact it pretty much doesn't matter to me what you think.... MY on line persona is my off line persona I don't have to hide behind the computer screen but then again that is the way that I am take it or leave it...

If you can't take some good natured ribbing or get pissed then that is your problem!

Hoss I thought you'd really love the etherfill 5000.. It's the perfect gift for those cyber DIR divers on your Christmas list....

Matt,

Hate to drag up an old argument, but did anyone every determine if Loch Minn had O2 clean fill whips? I too don't want to contaminate my O2 clean tanks.

HI all... Please let me know where Loch Low Minn is located.... Also if known about how long the drive is from Atlanta, Ga...
Thanks in advance,
Docmojo

Don't want to start an argument, guys, but isn't that really waaaaay out there on the extreme periphery of probability?

docmojo:
HI all... Please let me know where Loch Low Minn is located.... Also if known about how long the drive is from Atlanta, Ga...
Thanks in advance,
Docmojo

see http://www.lochlow-minn.com/

As for the drive from ATl. Take 75 north to Chattanooga. Loch Low Minn
is a ways north of Chattanooga.

BTW... call before you go up this time of year to see if they are open.

Docmojo,
Loch-Low-Minn is 2:45 hrs. north of the silos in Roswell, GA.
A good way to get there is to take Hwy 140 out of Canton to Hwy 411 north through Calhoun. Makes for a nice, pretty drive with very little traffic.

If you guys make it to the Loch, please make sure you keep a check on the water temps. My wife is getting a 7mm one piece in about 3 weeks and I want to go up there for her to check it out.

the K

They use a Nitrox stick type setup where the O2 is mixed with the incoming air going into the compressor and it is mixed at the percent desired and compressed. It is never over the percentage requested as it enters the tank and the air is filtered to modified class E or better. The chance of getting contamination through their setup would be almost nil.

Thanks to all for the information on the Loch Low Minn dive site..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom