Divemasters, Instructors, & Dive Veterans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lundysd:
I'm a DM candidate right now, and a fellow candidate (who shall remain nameless but was certainly crucified) was asked to perform a demonstration of a feet-first snorkel dive. Everything was quite exemplary, except for the lack of a snorkel in said DM's mouth :) (disclaimer: I did a pretty darn lousy pike dive myself, so I am in no way judging)

Actually most well trained freedivers remove their snorkels, make a dive, then replace it after many breaths at the surface.

Chad

Divers that enter or exit the water carrying, not wearing, their gear crack me up!
Just saw a guy on scuba at Blue Grotto trying to swim 10 feet to the platform with his fins in his hand.

The funniest thing I've seen a first time underwater scuba student do, is not very common, but after removing her regulator for the first clearing exercise, she started chugging the pool! She got 3 or 4 full swallows down before I could stand her up. :D (It might have been more fun to just watch and see how much she could drink!)

Chad

The Kraken:
F/W, it beats me, buddy . . . but I've seen it happen many times!
Forgetting to put on fins on a boat dive is a biggie.

I think descending with the snorkel in the mouth is another one that's high on the list.

the Kraken

Done both of those myself! I'm a slow learner! (But, I learn!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom