Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW... This floors me.

I was on the Escapade (finishing up a class) when we started searching for the gear. I had no idea who it was, and we didn't find anything. I believe I waved to the owner of the boat involved in the harbor parking lot - I had no clue at the time, but this will definitely all be weighing heavily on my mind tonight. :(

The only semi-positive thing I can say about this is that during the search, a large pod of dolphins were swimming alongside us. I'm not generally superstitious, but I'm very sincerely hoping that they were a good omen right now.

Kristina,

I do not know you well and even though I rarely pray, my prayers are with you tonight.

I think the confusion with the he/she/other details is due to the fact that there were actually two accidents today. According to a friend, a middle aged man was solo diving at Lover's and the Silver Prince picked him up. They found him floating face down and no weight pockets.

I've only dived with Kristina once, when we both had only 40 dives. I reached out to her recently but she said she wanted to be safe/familiar with her new drysuit first. Anyone who knows her monastery story knows how tough and brave she is. My heart goes out to her family...

I think the confusion with the he/she/other details is due to the fact that there were actually two accidents today. According to a friend, a middle aged man was solo diving at Lover's and the Silver Prince picked him up. They found him floating face down and no weight pockets.

I've only dived with Kristina once, when we both had only 40 dives. I reached out to her recently but she said she wanted to be safe/familiar with her new drysuit first. Anyone who knows her monastery story knows how tough and brave she is. My heart goes out to her family...

That's creepy. I was at Lovers with an adv class from 9-2 and we never saw or hear anything about the solo diver.

OMG, this is beyond ironic. I cannot believe this incredibly courageous woman is going through this again.

holy @#$# Kristina is one of my regular dive buddies and she's a regular dive buddy for many of us too...if anyone else has more info, please post, or at least PM me. I want to find out more info....She's definitely one of the best buddies one can have, fun, easy going, relaxed, very safety oriented

Thanks for the update James, keep us posted....

As of 10pm she is in the ICU at CHOMP.

I dove with her many times and she is an excellent diver and a wonderful person.

I am praying for her recovery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom