Diver Death in Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope the comment someone posted on the article was sarcasm.

[h=1]70-year-old visitor dies after dive[/h] By Kevin Watler , CITN
Thursday, 1 March 2012 6:16 pm
A 70-year-old woman died earlier today after taking ill while diving with friends.
Police say shortly after 9 a.m. this morning, Thursday 1 March 2012, police received a report that the woman, a visitor from the US, had taken ill while on an organised dive with friends at the reef area close to the Kittiwake.
The woman had completed her dive and, as she was getting back on board the boat, she began feeling unwell and lost consciousness. CPR was administered by dive staff as they transported the woman back to the North West Point Dock, West Bay, where they were met by the emergency services.
The woman was taken to the Cayman Islands Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The woman is from Utah and was vacationing on Grand Cayman with family members.

[h=3]1 Comment[/h] CaymanBlogger
Thursday, 1 March 2012 9:47 pm
Diving at 70!! What are these crazy companies allowing this to go on! They should be held for manslaughter!

I love diving, I love Cayman, I do want to go with a safe operator, I really wish we could really know "what happened", When these things happen and I really really wish people didn't post such ignorance as cayman blogger. As Standard Operating Proceedures, I'm sure we will go though a whole lot of stupidiness and maybe hit the truth in passing. I really really truely feel sorry for the family that I am sure will read every word of what is to follow. Posters, please be kind.

Its still very early to find out. First off, we operate on island time and secondly, there is a missing person case that is occupying most of the police forces' time at the moment. Im sure details will emerge with time but as to who the dive operator is, I'm sure it will be kept as quiet as possible.

I am very sad for the family! I hope that they will be able to enjoy Grand Cayman despite their terrible loss = (

Oh dear me...

I have met this woman. We had some business with Hilcorp. She used to be controller. What a shame

The way I see it, she went out doing something she loved, as it's such an easy dive to do.
I saw lots of beautiful fish around the wreck, and a king-sized grouper. I hope her passing away was peaceful for her.

Heartfelt sympathy for the crew that brought here there, having one less tourist coming back, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom