Diver death in Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_Jan

Contributor
Reaction score
My condolences goes out to the family and loved ones of the diver who died this weekend during his OW class in Laguna at Diver's Cove.

There is a small snippet re the accident in the LA Times. Diver was taken to South Coast Memorial hospital per article and passed away shortly afterwards.

So sad to hear this kind of news.

Jan

Its always sad to lose a diver. My condolences to the family.

I would be interested to learn more about the accident

My sincerely condolences to the family

Hi Jan, How the incident happened?
Diver_Jan:
My condolences goes out to the family and loved ones of the diver who died this weekend during his OW class in Laguna at Diver's Cove.

There is a small snippet re the accident in the LA Times. Diver was taken to South Coast Memorial hospital per article and passed away shortly afterwards.

So sad to hear this kind of news.

Jan

Covina Scuba Diver Dies After Lesson

From Times Staff Writers

May 1, 2006

A 29-year-old Covina man died Sunday after taking a scuba lesson in Divers Cove, according to the Orange County coroner's office.

Police received a call about a man in distress at 12:25 p.m. and took Carlos Garcia, 29, to South Coast Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 1:10 p.m., according to the supervising coroner's deputy.The cause of death is unknown, he said. An autopsy will be conducted today.

My Condolences to the family of this man, my prayers are with you as many others are as well

Unfortunately, the article didn't give much information. A nurse that I work with pointed the article out to me.

I too, would be interested in more details given the fact that I was in Laguna this weekend in relatively calm conditions. Diver's Cove is pretty shallow, approximately '
32' at best and 42' at the most outer reef.

Diver_Jan:
Unfortunately, the article didn't give much information. A nurse that I work with pointed the article out to me.

I too, would be interested in more details given the fact that I was in Laguna this weekend in relatively calm conditions. Diver's Cove is pretty shallow, approximately '
Well, the correct thing is for the rescuers to refrain from talking too much to the press,
and instead tell them that an investigation is underway.
The press too often misconveys any facts, which can harm the friends and family.

Having said that, I am always wanting to know more. It's inly human to want that.

We want to know the fact, once you know please give more article. thanks
Diver_Jan:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom