Diver identity - how to increase underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a red wing for my bcd both singles and doubles.Also my harness webbing is dayglow pink, it was the most obnoxious colour available at the time, and makes it less likely anybody will want my gear lol.

One diver here has a wife who dives with a pink tutu over her wetsuit. Very visible and doesn't interfere. :)
Which is more than you can say about other types of... let's say "non-standard diving garments".
15178080_1776543992595099_1345375884609770424_n.jpg

That Santa suit was pretty sucky to dive in.

I was going to say dive naked until Bill beat me to it. You can't do orange find because that's how you can tell it's me. I also am usually the only one diving side mount so there's that also. The best one I saw was a novelty hood that worked well.

I also saw a diver swim by with the "staff of power"
Staff of Power = 12" black dildo
suction cupped to his tank like a shark fin. I'm not sure if it was an identifier or a prank but I laughed my @$$ off.

I need to get my ND (Nude Diver) C-Card!

I would have spit out my reg had I seen the guy with the "Staff of Power" swimming past me but you couldn't miss him if you tried.

I have had both Red and then later bright Yellow fins. I picked the yellow ones specifically for better visibility.

Colored fins seem to be more regular here in San Diego than in other places, maybe? (Except for the die hard jet fin folks).

As part of the buddy check, hand signal comparison, I always say "I'm the guy with the YELLOW FINS (or whatever color) You're the one with the BLUE FINS". Or it might be "I have the RED GLOVES and you have the BLUE BC". Anything that verbally affirms the easiest way for you to ID each other:.

Fins seem to be the easiest thing we wear to see from most directions. It the big flag like thing that we wear.

I'm going to paint some big chevrons on any of my black (or dark blue) fins. Or maybe try to find some water proof 3M reflective tape?

I miss my old bright yellow At-Pac (wing) and my wife's bright blue one. We could spot each other very easily

Some very creative suggestions all around!
I custom painted my jet fins with spray plasti-dip to make it look like a shark took a bite out of them. They seem to be holding pretty well, and its flexible enough to move with the fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom