Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Livinoz.

I guess the time has come for me to face the hidden, read-between-the-lines facts laden in your posts to date. Clearly, you must want this thread to stop and for all of us to discontinue this cyber travesty of justice, even though you never say so and in fact pull a fast one by cleverly posting opinions that say quite the opposite; and you must also think this because (even though you have never said so) you believe that this thread is basically just like any other arm of the sensationalist media and therefore ruining Gabe’s chance at a fair trial in your beloved Antipodean paradise.

Why don’t you just come out and say what you really mean after all instead of hiding your agenda in this dishonest obfuscation? It would be much easier to confirm our thoughts about your true feelings if only you stopped confusing us by saying the opposite of what they actually are. What are you hoping to accomplish in this?

Just because you live on the other side of the hemisphere where the water flows “backwards” in billabongs, where women glow (like your fine self), and men plunder the newspaper for reasons to convict innocent tourists, doesn’t mean you should be such a deviant personality who fools us by using Aussie-speak, which essentially camouflages what your intent is. I am grateful to Alohagal for opening my eyes and ears to your siren song, sung with that forked tongue of yours. Just say it the way it is, I beg you, and stop this demonic misrepresentation of the truth®!

You hate this thread and all of us in it, you enemy of freedom of speech, as this interferes with your right to feel superior to us all, and well you think that the media hounds are at the core of all our problems, and of course media means anything you want to be banned from perusal by otherwise inept prosecution teams who couldn’t convict Hitler of the holocaust.

You know that this newfangled Internet thing is the best thing since DNA to entrap defendants and notch up conviction records. Surely they have laid out their entire case based on the erudite ramblings we have proffered in the 115 pages thus far. And just in time because Gabe caught them unawares when he flew back to OZ unannounced. I can see why you feel this urgency to get us to stop tipping the scales in the prosecution’s favor. But the gig is up. We’ve caught on to this game of yours.

I know I’d feel much better if you’d just own up to your feelings that we are all wrong, and I am sure you would, too… Well, if you don’t already, that is, and you are just pretending to like talking with us to pass the time.

Cheers!

Okay, Livinoz.

I guess the time has come for me to face the hidden, read-between-the-lines facts laden in your posts to date. Clearly, you must want this thread to stop and for all of us to discontinue this cyber travesty of justice, even though you never say so and in fact pull a fast one by cleverly posting opinions that say quite the opposite; and you must also think this because (even though you have never said so) you believe that this thread is basically just like any other arm of the sensationalist media and therefore ruining GabeÃÔ chance at a fair trial in your beloved Antipodean paradise.

Why donÃÕ you just come out and say what you really mean after all instead of hiding your agenda in this dishonest obfuscation? It would be much easier to confirm our thoughts about your true feelings if only you stopped confusing us by saying the opposite of what they actually are. What are you hoping to accomplish in this?

Just because you live on the other side of the hemisphere where the water flows ÅÃackwards in billabongs, where women glow (like your fine self), and men plunder the newspaper for reasons to convict innocent tourists, doesnÃÕ mean you should be such a deviant personality who fools us by using Aussie-speak, which essentially camouflages what your intent is. I am grateful to Alohagal for opening my eyes and ears to your siren song, sung with that forked tongue of yours. Just say it the way it is, I beg you, and stop this demonic misrepresentation of the truthŽ®!

You hate this thread and all of us in it, you enemy of freedom of speech, as this interferes with your right to feel superior to us all, and well you think that the media hounds are at the core of all our problems, and of course media means anything you want to be banned from perusal by otherwise inept prosecution teams who couldnÃÕ convict Hitler of the holocaust.

You know that this newfangled Internet thing is the best thing since DNA to entrap defendants and notch up conviction records. Surely they have laid out their entire case based on the erudite ramblings we have proffered in the 115 pages thus far. And just in time because Gabe caught them unawares when he flew back to OZ unannounced. I can see why you feel this urgency to get us to stop tipping the scales in the prosecutionÃÔ favor. But the gig is up. WeÃ×e caught on to this game of yours.

I know IÃÅ feel much better if youÃÅ just own up to your feelings that we are all wrong, and I am sure you would, too Well, if you donÃÕ already, that is, and you are just pretending to like talking with us to pass the time.

Cheers!

Dadvocate, you are incredibly clever! You've seen through my dastardly little plot and gone straight to the heart of the matter! I confess! I never meant to insinuate that basing guilt solely on media reports was wrong in any way! I apologise profusely! I have seen the error of my ways and I'll never darken this thread again with my opining or antiquated Antipodean ideals of justice!

Okay, here we go again…

And there's the rub. There have been no plausible (counter) explanations for the respective issues cropping up in this thread to be transcribed to the other.

Those of us who don’t answer this call to the defensive thought experiment with this case do so because we know that providing a “point-counter-point” discussion on “facts” taken from the media, “facts” not existing in completion, and “facts” more than likely withheld and closely guarded by the defense team would be like trying to contemplate our origins on this planet without our current knowledge related to DNA and cosmology.

If you feel that such a mental exercise is worthwhile, by all means continue to do so (that means I don’t insist that the thread be closed by the way). But please understand that us choosing not to engage in this endeavor is in no way a poor reflection on our premise that all of us should really wait until the real attorneys armed with all the facts get a crack at it. I suppose there was a mandate in this thread when Gabe was in flight as it were. With him in custody, the shift to the trial becomes more interesting, I’d say (I say this without implying any truck that my opinion in any way reaches out to others or insists they do as I do).

Until such time, we can wax personal bias all we want. It doesn’t change a thing. Did I say that I am fine if the thread continues because freedom of speech is really important to me, unlike Livinoz?

Again, you are entitled to disagree with this position, but this decision on your part won’t make the weakness in your objections any more accurate.

Cheers!

I'll leave this discussion to your far greater skills of rebuttal and subtle irony Dadvocate! (And because I can't be bothered repeating myself yet again!)

And I erroneously thought we were all exercising freedom of speech here. Wrong again!

Good lord man, lets rename this thread pompous obfuscation. This is your version of the straw man. Your point is to wallow in your own beloved verbosity. Not any subtle irony there I am afraid.

Freedom of speech...is that only for you and your lofty highmindedness? Don't step on your own fodder of the obtuse.

Aloha

DADVOCATE
"If Gabe is guilty, may he get his just desserts in a clear and definitive manner, devoid of ambiguities. As Livinoz says earlier, achieving an impartial jury at this stage is going to be tough given the media coverage and the hype surrounding this drama. I just hope there is a smoking gun one way or the other that will limit the potential for a jury to base its verdict on emotional truck and not on the evidence on the whole."

Golly, I don't think we have any evidence thus far do we? I thought we were starting from scratch. Nothing counts. We need to set aside all that media mumbo jumbo, interviews, reports as incomplete as they are and give this man complete benefit of the doubt. I really think it is premature to entertain any thought of punishment on the innocent. He hasn't had his day in court and already you are lusting after retribution. So which way is your pendulum swinging now?

I'll leave this discussion to your far greater skills of rebuttal and subtle irony Dadvocate! (And because I can't be bothered repeating myself yet again!)

And I erroneously thought we were all exercising freedom of speech here. Wrong again!

You really hit the nail on the head! Letting Dadvocate speak for you is not good form. You need to come back and exercise your freedom to speak.

I know in the past I erroneously thought we were all exercising freedom of speech here, and then one always runs the risk of being lambasted, which may compel reasonable people to not want to speak anymore. I could be wrong. I wonder if anyone has done that on this thread?:)

Hi, Aloha!

Oh, I just realized I’m being redundant with that salutation.

I could respond in kind, but we both know that this laundry list of gripe is just a euphemism for “I have no idea how to respond to his points”. Since we both know this, it is probably best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Goodbye, Aloha!

“Dooh, I did it again!” (read that with a Homer Simpson Voice)

Cheers!

Dadvocate

You seem to have an inane propensity to ostentatious verbosity. Since I am not an erudite lexicographer, but a simple fireman, could you please provide a translation in simple English for your writings?

You really hit the nail on the head! Letting Dadvocate speak for you is not good form. You need to come back and exercise your freedom to speak.

I know in the past I erroneously thought we were all exercising freedom of speech here, and then one always runs the risk of being lambasted, which may compel reasonable people to not want to speak anymore. I could be wrong. I wonder if anyone has done that on this thread?:)

Thanks. I'm more than capable of speaking for myself but I choose not to be involved in this discussion any further; it's pointless.

And just because someone chooses to express themselves well (IMHO) there's no need to resort to personal attacks.

Bye bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom