Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea, doesn't seem like much of current does it?

I thought you guys could still do administrative stuff either way... guess not.

Wonder if the cops were waiting until he got the settlement to do anything. It has, as was pointed out to me, been four years since she passed.

Not to long ago there was a RI dive shop owner under investigation for mysterious diving death of his wife too.

5 days ago he was charged; Husband Charged In Woman's Scuba-Diving Death - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

and just like the topic of this thread, its just as contentious as no-one really knows

seems like bumping off a loved one while diving might be a easier than outright shooting/poisioning/ect because physical evidence is not black or white

in regards to the topic - i cant decide if he did or didnt, info is too unsubstaintiated (sp and cant be bothered with spell check :D)

Very sad that she died

The story really doesn't provide any real information so it's virtually impossible to discuss what might have gone wrong etc.

A single photo - without a time line is hard to interpret.

I found the article a bit interesting where they said "The picture, taken by two tourists apparently oblivious to the drama going on behind them..." How does one take a photo of something behind them u/w?

The story about a strong current may not float. If you enlarge the picture you can see the diver that was circled in red is lying on what appears to be a sandy bottom. The diver heading in that direction is on a heading that would not be consistent with anything but a head-on current. But if it was a head-on current I would think the diver on the bottom would be lying in a position with the current????

The diver with the Octo in hand also appears to be checking their dive computer - which would be prudent prior to attempting a rescue.

I wonder where in the Coral Sea this took place.

-s

Found this bit:

Expert finds no medical reason for dive death

Posted November 23, 2007 08:31:00

Map: Townsville 4810
Theories about how an American honeymooner died at a north Queensland dive site in 2003 are beginning to emerge at a coronial inquest in Townsville.

Tina Watson, 26, was diving with her husband Gabe Watson on the Yongala shipwreck, south-east of Townsville, when she sank to the bottom and drowned.

The inquest heard evidence yesterday from the forensic pathologist who conducted the post-mortem examination.

Professor David Williams said he found no medical reason for her death.

The barrister representing Ms Watson's parents asked Professor Williams if it was possible that Ms Watson's oxygen supply had been turned off during the dive.

He also asked if there was evidence to suggest she had been grabbed from the front and prevented from spitting her regulator out.

Professor Williams told the court the rapid retrieval effort and attempts to resuscitate Ms Watson had made it difficult to determine what caused her to drown.

One more:

FBI agents raid US homes in Mike Ball diver death probe