Diver-loved drinks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCNaiad

Dive babble all day long
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found this lovely Sculpin (fish) India Pale Ale in my local store today & of course, the image of the sculpin on the label drew me in. The beer is so good...just a little bitter with a slight bite from the grapefruit. They have others like Manta Ray Double IPA too. Swoon!

This beer is across the country from me out of CA, but it got me thinking about other drinks beloved by divers. So what's yours? Bonus points if it's diver/marine friendly like this beer or these:
Marine Drinks (and Accessories) to Quench Your Thirst

sculpin.jpg

OK @NYCNaiad -- I already have loved you on this board for your sensible and thoughtful posts! You are now impressing me to another level!
I'm a big craft beer geek and aficionado going back 20 years. Ballast Point, out of San Diego,CA is an exceptional brewery and their Sculpins are magnificent. Grapefruit infused or otherwise. That being said, they have a number of other outstanding diver related beers-- don't get me started- :)
Packaged / Year Round | Beer Categories | Ballast Point

OK @NYCNaiad -- I already have loved you on this board for your sensible and thoughtful posts! You are now impressing me to another level!
I'm a big craft beer geek and aficionado going back 20 years. Ballast Point, out of San Diego,CA is an exceptional brewery and their Sculpins are magnificent. Grapefruit infused or otherwise. That being said, they have a number of other outstanding diver related beers-- don't get me started- :)
Packaged / Year Round | Beer Categories | Ballast Point

Awww, thank you so much! I love craft beer as well & am very lucky to live in nyc where so much is available from all over. But now I need to know...what's your favorite beer of theirs? I've only tried this one from them...but wow, it was delicious.

I am an IPA guy and all of their Sculpin variety's ROCK!
I am a sucker for Imperial Red Ales and Ballast Point makes a stellar one with their Tongue Buckler. If it is a nice cool fall or winter evening in front of the fireplace or firepit, then I am going with the Victory at Sea Imperial Porter with coffee and vanilla.

I am an IPA guy and all of their Sculpin variety's ROCK!
I am a sucker for Imperial Red Ales and Ballast Point makes a stellar one with their Tongue Buckler. If it is a nice cool fall or winter evening in front of the fireplace or firepit, then I am going with the Victory at Sea Imperial Porter with coffee and vanilla.

I don't often drink reds, but it looks wonderful! And they recommend pairing it with Sweet Potato Fries so who wouldn't love that? No fireplace or fire in my Manhattan apartment, but the porter looks like a wonderful beer for a cold winter's night regardless. Thanks!

Way too many local micro breweries to pick any one favorite. A new one is opening up 20 feet from my boat slip. Back Channel Brewing Co.

Sometimes it's not the beverage itself, but where and with whom one is imbibing.

full?d=1498105016.jpg

351291-e11bd3ac5f588518ca9e2f666ef92adf.jpg

I don't often drink reds, but it looks wonderful! And they recommend pairing it with Sweet Potato Fries so who wouldn't love that? No fireplace or fire in my Manhattan apartment, but the porter looks like a wonderful beer for a cold winter's night regardless. Thanks!
We are definitely simpatico! Seinfeld reruns?

Sometimes it's not the beverage itself, but where and with whom one is imbibing.

Yes! Not a great photo of any of us & the drinks weren't that good either, but such a fun night in Belize before we got on the liveaboard. (That's me in the middle.)

599714_10151055208550097_1476752457_n.jpg

We are definitely simpatico! Seinfeld reruns?
The Soup Nazi is pretty close to my apt! The Original Soupman @55th & 8th - The Original Soupman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom