Diver-loved drinks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just an old man that gets to give away millions of dollars a year to worthy charities and moonlight as a Dive Master.
upload_2017-6-21_22-47-23.png

17862461_1899680553610081_2908766123488186308_n.jpg

Post dive Mojito. Nothing beats it. Here I am smiling because I'm on my way to one.

Last edited:
OK @NYCNaiad -- I already have loved you on this board for your sensible and thoughtful posts! You are now impressing me to another level!
I'll second that! @NYCNaiad You're a girl after my own heart. :cheers:

I love my real ale's, with golden ales and IPA's being my faves this time of year, but the darker varieties go down well as the nights draw in too. For me, there are several breweries locally & nationally (UK) that always turn out a top beer, but I've done most of my diving in SE Asia, so an ice cold Singha or Bintang always go down nicely after a long hot day :D

Here's me with a Singha feeling particularly chipper after diving with mantas at Hin Daeng / Hin Muang.

Lanta.jpg

Apologies for the (unintentionally) inappropriately placed bottle & the moobs (which I've now disowned). The shorts stay at the bottom of my drawer these days too...I'm now wondering why I'm posting this pic :wink:

Last edited:
I'll second that! You're a girl after my own heart. :cheers:

I love my real ale's, with golden ales and IPA's being my faves this time of year, but the darker varieties go down well as the nights draw in too. For me, there are several breweries locally & nationally that always turn out a top beer, but I've done most of my diving in SE Asia, so an ice cold Singha or Bintang always go down nicely after a long hot day :D

Here's me with a Singha feeling particularly chipper after diving with mantas at Hin Daeng / Hin Muang.

View attachment 415198
Apologies for the (unintentionally) inappropriately placed bottle & the moobs (which I've now disowned). The shorts stay at the bottom of my drawer these days too...I'm now wondering why I'm posting this pic :wink:
For a "Before" shot?

I'm working on my moobs too, IPA really doesn't help....

FTR I love those shorts. All beach gear should come with a volume control that goes to "11".

Post dive Mojito. Nothing beats it. Here I am smiling because I'm on my way to one.

I love Mojito too!!

FTR I love those shorts. All beach gear should come with a volume control that goes to "11".

Agreed, my current shorts are both loud too, one being lime green and the other being white with big green hibiscus (I think) flowers - less busy than the ones above though!

My diving buddy of almost 50 years the late Ron Merker, and I were teetotalers.
For many years we enjoyed a cold "Frosty Root beer." During the dive and especially on the way home in our boats or setting in the California sun on the beach

With Ron's passing September 22, two years ago I just have no desire for a "Frosty"
Since I live in the middle of the California Wine county probably should -but probably not - give some of our local wines a try.

SDM

Not a story about beer but about Ballast Point. It is located on the Navy's submarine base at the end of Point Loma in San Diego. It is a small pile of rocks just inside of the bay where sailing ships would dump their stone ballast that they didn't need for the next voyage.

Our whole dive team did daily PT and we would swim off the tiny sand beach next to that rock pile about once a week. A small boat had to shepherd us to keep other boats clear since we were less than a mile from the shipping lane.

Our dive locker was across the street inside old gun battery bunkers that were built to protect the harbor entrance. I lived in a hi-rise BEQ free of charge right in front of Ballast Point. I never could afford a bay view from Pt Loma after that.

Mojito? Did someone say Mojito? Best ever at the liquor box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom