Diver missing in Davao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sorry to hear that, let us know more please as things occur!

Is it me or is there a rise in incidents?

me too...what is going on out there? So many many tragic diving deaths!

A body has just been recovered this pm. It is not yet reported at what depth the body of the deceased diver was recovered from (just via text message so far passed on).

The other diver remains in the recompression chamber at DMSF. It is reported that he is in a 'serious condition'.

The divers were in a party who were conducting spear fishing off Dizon Wall, Talikud Island.

One diver in the party (not injured) reported that he descended to 285feet/87meters. He surfaced, asked for a tank then undertook 70mins in-water recompression. He was fortunate to escape serious injury/death.

The whole thing is tragic.

Tragic is not exactly the word i thought of. 285 feet. Almost positive it was on air. How many more deaths to go before people accept that it can "happen to them"?
Posted via Mobile Device

The body was found at 220ft/67m near the point of entry. It was recovered by deep water salvage divers from Talomo.

The diver undergoing chamber treatment needs 40 cylinders of O2.

Air was used for all dives.

When will these people ever learn and why do they think that they can go that deep in order to catch fish! I am very sorry but I have no sympathy for such people as they know that they should not be even thinking of such depths on air or maybe they really do not know!
I think that the dive shops in Davao should really think about they fill tanks for or rent equipment to as these deaths are becoming too regular over there!
This is not the reputation that Davao wants but appears to be getting!

yes tragic. dennis leaves behind pamela and three kids. we started diving together a few years back, he was a very close friend. i will miss him

there has been three dive related deaths in davao for the past four years. edwin in ligid, chito last march due to a heart attack, and dennis last kadayawan weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom