Diver Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My recommendation would be that some of those listed are useless, but in order to proceed you have to list them all.

Boat Diver, Shore Diver, night & low viz, and drift are ridiculous specialties. I agree nitrox is excellent, but I wouldn't want one that was limited to computer use. CPR, O2 1st Aid & AED are all good, but do nothing toward making you a better diver.

I would have to disagree on one point. That being night/low vis unless it did not contain any real useful info. A night/low vis that contains UW Nav, advanced communications, more instense buddy protocols, etc could be a good course for those who dive some of our local holes. One thing that seems to limit local diving around here is the mistaken belief that it is not interesting or good. That low vis means a bad dive. And this is the fault of those instructors who say they cannot get students to take more local classes. They can't get them because they themselves train for good vis, warm water, and easy diving with somebody holding the divers hands.

Felt more like a sales pitch than a survey...

Back
Top Bottom