Diver Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve SDI/TDI HQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are conducting a little primary research and would appreciate a couple of minutes of your time to answer a few questions.

Survey is here: Diver 2010

Interesting survey, but couldn't you add an answer c) Don't know for sure.

I stopped on question #2 because I wasn't sure of the answer.

Little bit of a sales pitch in a couple, eh? Food for thought, though.

Personally I'm PADI OW. I'm SDI NITROX, Rescue, Advanced, Deep, Night and Limited Vis. I'm PADI DM. I'm doing SDI AI.

You can say, I've drank the SDI Kool Aid.

Knowing what I know it felt like they were/are trying to figure out what and if people know the difference between them and other training agencies. SDI is growing.

If a buddy asked to which course they should take this year to become a better diver, rank the following SDI/TDI courses in order of YOUR recommendation.

My recommendation would be that some of those listed are useless, but in order to proceed you have to list them all.

Boat Diver, Shore Diver, night & low viz, and drift are ridiculous specialties. I agree nitrox is excellent, but I wouldn't want one that was limited to computer use. CPR, O2 1st Aid & AED are all good, but do nothing toward making you a better diver.

My recommendation would be that some of those listed are useless, but in order to proceed you have to list them all.

Boat Diver, Shore Diver, night & low viz, and drift are ridiculous specialties. I agree nitrox is excellent, but I wouldn't want one that was limited to computer use. CPR, O2 1st Aid & AED are all good, but do nothing toward making you a better diver.
I guess I wasnt so litteral, I took it as a more complete diver. In the sense of CPR, O2, 1ST Aid, and AED being part of a diving curriculum. Maybe I'm wrong I would like clarity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom