Divers Down watch out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As we all know, there are 2 sides to every story. I would like to hear what Divers Down has to say. I have been on their boats many times and have always had a great dive!

I too would like to hear from the dive op

The email was sent to the dive op and hopefully they choose to come by and offer their side of the story.

Why do I think we will never hear from diskin again? He came on, whined to try and bad mouth an op that to me had a couple issues, but nothing like his own incompetence and that of the other people in his group. I do hope we hear from the operator and then close this thread. I'm getting really tired of people blaming dive ops, DMs, Instructors, God,etc for their own lack of basic skills.

Why do I think we will never hear from diskin again? He came on, whined to try and bad mouth an op that to me had a couple issues, but nothing like his own incompetence and that of the other people in his group. I do hope we hear from the operator and then close this thread. I'm getting really tired of people blaming dive ops, DMs, Instructors, God,etc for their own lack of basic skills.

Maybe C-cards should have "I was dumb" boxes printed on them. Every time someone does something really bone-headed, the dive op would punch out one of the boxes. If you use up all the boxes, you have to take OW again. :cool:

Terry

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts when someone comes onto SB for the specific reason of badmouthing an operator somewhere. Things happen but to come here for that purpose taints SB in my opinion. AND, when they make as many mistakes as the OP makes, it is just worse.

Maybe C-cards should have "I was dumb" boxes printed on them. Every time someone does something really bone-headed, the dive op would punch out one of the boxes. If you use up all the boxes, you have to take OW again. :cool:

Terry

Think about the diving economy with this in effect. The LDS would be raking in record profits from all the incompetents out there constantly having to recertify.

Terry

Now THATS funny!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Ok. Let me put in my two cents. I personally have a beef with DM's who put everyone in the water, tell them to meet them at the anchor, and then wait ten minutes before they get in. It is an obvious ploy to burn air and shorten the dive. I've seen it happen and it makes me angry every time. I usually make us oif the time to putter around the mooring anchor and critter hunt but it really does suck. Second beef is DM's who go deep, stay deep, and move fast out in front. Once again, my experience is thats an obvious ploy to burn the clients air as fast as possible and get out of the water. IMHO he had something to complain about on those two points.

Last note is about Caribbean time. It usually takes me at least a day to adjust from New York time to "soon come" Caribbean time. Sounds like the diver never made that adjustment.

OH AND I HATE PEOPLE WHO TYPE THEIR ENTIRE POST IN CAPS!!! ELECTRONIC SHOUTING!!!

OH AND I HATE PEOPLE WHO TYPE THEIR ENTIRE POST IN CAPS!!! ELECTRONIC SHOUTING!!!

Yeah, I thought SB automatically corrected for that but apparently I was wrong (although I will not admit it to others :D).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom