Divers in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LadyP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone

I'm new to Scuba Board and was advised to drop you guys a line after my initial posting on the intro board.

I live in Miami, having moved from London last year and I've done a few dives around Molasses Reef but would love to explore some new areas with some other divers.

Do you guys arrange trips? Anyone here go on trips from Miami?

What's the scoop!

cheers

Lady P

You have a club in south beach called south beach divers that has a website and what i hear pretty active

Hiya LadyP! We are a pretty active group down here in S. Florida. As long as the weather cooperates, somebody is diving someplace! I do a lot of beach diving in Broward County.
The Conchs plan many dives and camping trips throughout the year. Any trip posted is an invitation to join the fun!

Well at least you're in South Beach - that's a WHOLE lot different than Miami. I lived in South Beach when I wandered into Florida. Go talk to RJ over at the Miami Beach marina - you can see his boat from the MacArthur Causeway. He has a pretty nice boat, and forget about any shore diving down there.
I never had a good feel for South Beach Divers on Washington and 9th or Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Shop down near RJ on Alton Road. You may like them more than I did.
Have fun.
http://www.rjdiving.com/Map.html

Hi Scuba Jenny - thanks for that - I'll keep my eyes open on here for trips :)

Hi Guys - regarding SoBe divers, I've been with them a few times and they're fine to go with but the people who go with them are all tourists so it would be nice to hang out with people from Florid who go regularly.

I'll go chat with RJ and go for a trip with him :)

Are you into camping? We have a camping trip coming up (non diving) the first weekend in April. Check out the Trips and Marketplace for details. Also there is a camping/diving trip around mid May to Ginnie Springs, and a beach dive the end of June in Venice.
Of course those are the big gatherings. There are plenty of trips every weekend. If you want to beach dive, let me know!

which part of miami are you? If you're in the doral area, there's a pretty active group based around my lds with dives scheduled on weekends. We're doing a series of wrecks off of Miami, if you're interested, I can have the organizer e-mail you. I believe they're going to Orion this Sunday. Or well, why don't I PM you the info anyway..

If you're up for driving to Fort Lauderdale, look for the "Anyone Welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive(s)" thread in this forum. It's a perpetual thread about upcoming days & evenings some of us can beach dive.

Welcome !!!

There is always stuff going on here, there are lots of beach dives that are planned almost every week, so just come on out and join the fun. All you have to do is say "I'm there". You are welcome to join any dive, many of the beach dives are around Ft. Lauderdale but its a close drive away. I live all the way west and It is usually a 25 - 30 minute ride which will be what it will take you to get up there.

Anyway best of luck and hope to see you out there.

LadyP, I'm looking for someone to do a beach dive this weekend with if you're interested. ChillyWilly and I have had some great dives the last couple of Saturdays. I'm in Fort Lauderdale but could come down there or you can come up here. Either way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom