Divers in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much to you all - I'm overwhelmed by everyone's ideas, tips and invitations!

I'd like to do a beach dive but I need to hire equipment is there somewhere closeby I can rent from?? Methinks I need to buy some stuff very soon!

Buying is definately the best choice. Look a Leisurepro or Scubatoys online, you can get some decent packages there. If you want to rent, there are many places that will rent. Here is what you should expect to pay. This is from ScubasWorld, they have decent pricing, but usually prices are all similar. Definately have at least FINS, MAsk, Snorkel.

The first thing I bought was a BCD, then a Regulator Package and the Tank I got for free. But if you have a BCD and Reg, you can rent a tank and beach dive for $8. Beach diving will allow you tp get lots of dives in for very little money.

Tanks
$8.00
Regulator/Octopus/Gauge
$10.00
BCD Jacket
$10.00
Weight belt with weights
$5.00
Wetsuits
$8.00
Snorkeling package (mask, fins & snorkel)
$15.00

LadyP:
Thanks so much to you all - I'm overwhelmed by everyone's ideas, tips and invitations!

I'd like to do a beach dive but I need to hire equipment is there somewhere closeby I can rent from?? Methinks I need to buy some stuff very soon!
I have tanks you can use on a beach dive.

definitely a good idea to do beach dives to get some experience before heading into AOW. I've seen so many people go straight from OW to AOW with only, like, 2 dives in between. Which is okay, but it's good to good to have experience so you have something to relate to during your AOW course.

LadyP,
I too recently moved down to Miami from Hollywood. I do some beach diving in Fort Lauderdale, but not as much as I used to because now it's not as convenient. I'm also in a boat club so I do some diving out of Rickenbacker Marina usually in a 23' cuddy. I've done a few Miami area wrecks, but I mostly enjoy boating out to Emerald Reef. It's incredible. You're welcome to go with us anytime. 3 people fit more or less OK. 4 is crowded, but do-able for a 1 tank dive. Weekends are no good for me. I'm primarily a weekday diver.

So what's the verdict there LadyP? -I figured you just about got buried in advice. Not too many people actually use "methinks" in their posts.
I was always a sucker for an English accent, even when they were telling me to do unnatural acts with myself.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom