Divers In Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty, how is Oronogo? Was the viz good? Good sites to see? I'm looking at getting my advanced there in August, but want to make sure it's worth the trip!

Im doing cavern this weekend at Roubidoux Springs and oronogo, i will let you know what the conditions are next week.

Now we are starting to get a little Okie spirit on this board!!!!

Oronogo had about 10 to 15 ft vis shallow and as we approached 40 to 50 ft range it was clearing up to around 20 to 30 ft of vis. However the temp was around 50 degrees under the thermocline and I wasn't dressed for the occasion. It was a little crowded (Memorial Day weekend perhaps??). There were some sunken attractions and very little marine life. The water was very blue/turqoise colored which was cool. Overall I would say it was worth a trip there. If it is bad I guess you could always run over to Beaver or Tablerock.

Gillty

Gillty:
Now we are starting to get a little Okie spirit on this board!!!!

Oronogo had about 10 to 15 ft vis shallow and as we approached 40 to 50 ft range it was clearing up to around 20 to 30 ft of vis. However the temp was around 50 degrees under the thermocline and I wasn't dressed for the occasion. It was a little crowded (Memorial Day weekend perhaps??). There were some sunken attractions and very little marine life. The water was very blue/turqoise colored which was cool. Overall I would say it was worth a trip there. If it is bad I guess you could always run over to Beaver or Tablerock.

Gillty
Thanks for the info. My LSD has some new 7mil suits they are going to sell us for $75. They want to get rid of them since no one ever used them. Though we were the first to use them in April at CSSP.... so I might go get those and take them to Oronogo. I'm just looking for some new places to go.
I wouldn't mind going down to Athens either. Looks like a cool place.

Sorry about the lack of Sooner spirit... I spent 5 years at OU and after getting my B.S., I think I'm all spirited out. :p

94GTStang:
Thanks for the info. My LSD has some new 7mil suits they are going to sell us for $75. They want to get rid of them since no one ever used them.

Holy crap man! What DS is this? I feel a drive to the city coming on!

fire_diver:
Holy crap man! What DS is this? I feel a drive to the city coming on!
Pirate's Cove up there on Meridian.

They have a whole section of them in the back.... but if you buy my size... I'll have to come hunt you down. :lol:

Hey gang! It looks like I'm going down to CSSP next weekend...I'll drive down friday the 7th after work dive Saturday and Sunday morning and then head back home to Enid. If anyone else wants to make the trip, I'm sure we could convoy on down.

Angie

Well I'm not an Okie but I do most of my dives there so it sort of feels like home to me.

(<<----- see my Lake Murray Avitar )

Paris, Texas isn't but a little more then a stone's throw away from Oklahoma.
"I had to get just outside of rock throwing distance to be safe" :D

I might just be up at Lake Tenkiller July 1 & 2.
'Maybe at DX or Crappie Point

I'll be the only one there that looks just like me. :wink:

Happy 4th everybody !!

Timeliner:
I'll be the only one there that looks just like me. :wink:

Happy 4th everybody !!

Unless DeNiro is visiting the lake, but you probably never here that or anything.

FD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom