Divers In Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Diver, I did the Oronogo, Beaver, Table Rock trip last year and it was a blast. Add Ouachita to that and it would be even better. I have dove Ouachita quite a bit so if you get ready to head that way pm me if you need any info on Nitrox, dive sites, etc.

Boomer!!!

Share some Ouchita dive sights with us all. I dove there last year, but was dissapointed that I couldn't find any good shore diving. The water was beautiful though!

FD

vegeta82:
I love your site Lake Diver you have me wanting to make a Texas week dive trip to hit all the unique spots they have....

Thanks for the compliments on the site! It is definitely a work in progress but we are trying to think of inovative ways to make it better all the time. We are in the process of adding local dive clubs to the states pages in case someone is looking to hook up with a dive club and they are new to the area. Trying to make it a bit more comprehensive and provide a little more information. Since starting this we now have a long list of "must dive" sites!

Mike

Gillty:
Lake Diver, I did the Oronogo, Beaver, Table Rock trip last year and it was a blast. Add Ouachita to that and it would be even better. I have dove Ouachita quite a bit so if you get ready to head that way pm me if you need any info on Nitrox, dive sites, etc.

Boomer!!!

Will do! Never dove Ouachita before so the help will be much appreciated. We have started the preliminary planning, but now have to decide how much time to spend at each site. I think it will be blast to hit 4 different locations in a single dive trip, super excited about the idea. It may not be Belize or Bonairre, but it sounds pretty fun to me!

Mike

Unfortunately there isn't alot of good shore diving at Ouachita. The best spot in my opinion (to shore dive) is off of Blakely Dam. Your best bet would be to save your pennies and rent some sort of small boat. My favorite dives at Ouachita are deep dives in the spring and summer. I have seen vis in the 40 to 60 ft range at depth(below 35 ft). Although water temp at 100 ft in July is between 45 and 50 degrees...brrrrr.... The vis shallow is pretty typical of most lakes, ranging from 5' to 20' depending on conditions that weekend.

Lucky for us, a bud just bought a boat for diving so we will most likely be diving off of it. Hopefully we will find some spots that are worth it...

We just came back from Tenkiller....the four of us dove Crappie point for about an hour. The viz was pretty decent for Tenkiller ~8-10ft. The thermocline was right at 30ft and the viz from there went down pretty bad. The only thing we ended up doing was just following the rocks around trying to find some interesting stuff. We didn't make it to the scuba park since we needed to be heading on home.

Less than 20 days till Cozumel!

Gillty:

Boomer!!!

Sooner!!!

OK then.....

ORANGE!!!!

POWER!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom