Divers Seek $250K Police Drone From Texas Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24

"Divers have been searching a Houston-area lake to recover a $250,000 law enforcement drone that crashed into the water.Local reports indicate Lake Conroe is being swept to find the nearly 50-pound drone.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says the drone, which was purchased in 2011 using a federal grant, malfunctioned and crashed Friday. The accident happened during a training exercise over the lake.
Sheriff's spokesman Brady Fitzgerald says the drone has a camera and an infrared scanning device.
Lake Conroe is about 50 miles north of Houston."

Lake Conroe isn't so small. I hope they have some idea of where it went down.

"Divers have been searching a Houston-area lake to recover a $250,000 law enforcement drone that crashed into the water.Local reports indicate Lake Conroe is being swept to find the nearly 50-pound drone.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says the drone, which was purchased in 2011 using a federal grant, malfunctioned and crashed Friday. The accident happened during a training exercise over the lake.
Sheriff's spokesman Brady Fitzgerald says the drone has a camera and an infrared scanning device.
Lake Conroe is about 50 miles north of Houston."

Lake Conroe isn't so small. I hope they have some idea of where it went down.

the cops have their own drones in conus ....this is scary people ....am i the only one who thinks so ???????

Big brother has to keep an eye on us! We can't be trusted!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom