Dives canceled this morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was scheduled for a two tank dive this morning, but it was canceled, just because of a local tornado. Can you believe it? Back in the early days of scuba, nobody would have let a tornado get in the way of a good dive. In fact, I cannot think of a single time in my life that anyone ever canceled a dive because of a tornado. Today was a first.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

I'm sorry, John; that's just funny! :lolabove:

Tornado time is when I want everyone in the water. We see a tornado, we head offshore. What kind of boat are you chartering, John?

The fuel surcharge is usually waived on dive trips that day. But like an airplane you'll get charged for an extra bag to fly you to the dive site.

We get waterspouts here every summer. They don't last very long, they move pretty slow and I wouldn't cancel an offshore boat dive due to one potentially being in the area. Of course we also don't get too excited about hurricanes either, unless they're above a Cat 3.

Not my video, but I've seen plenty of them just like this one.

Lot of tornadoes recently, pretty strange out there. The weather was beautiful though, I wish I wasn't stuck up in an office all weekday!

A couple hours later the weather was near perfect.

I did learn one thing--the tornado alert on the cell phone will indeed get your attention!

Recall a day fishing offshore for Tuna with a front moving through. Spent the day dodging around water spouts. Saw a number of them that day.

Sounds like you had an eventful day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom