• Dives equal Messages within a few months

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Dives ahead of Messages by a year or so

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Dives WAY more than Messages

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris that is a nice idea, but it never would work.
My husband for example has been a YMCA certified diver since he was 14. There are so many dives he didn't log. And even as an adult he didn't think quarry diving should be logged and only logged ocean dives.
Since so many people feel differently about which dives to log (pool dives?) it would be one messed up count.
As far as putting DM or instructor on the front of the profile, no need when you can just click on the profile and read as much as each person WANTS you know about themselves.
Believe it or not some DMs and instructors would rather not let you know what they are. And, I also know men that have 1000 or more dives and are still only certified as OW divers. So you can't tell me what they have to say isn't as valid as a DM with 300 dives.
Right?

Hi Natasha,

Hope all is well -- haven't "talked" to you in a while.

I still think it would be useful. While I agree that using any one of these factoids as an absolute indicator of diving knowledge is risky, I still think it adds some information that is important in evaulating the opinions offered by users on this board.

As to whether users will reveal this data -- I guess we won't know unless we ask...;-)

-Chris

I actually have more dives than posts. I am new to this sport and find it hard to express an opinion on most of the threads.

This week I will go into three digit numbers in my log book. Even though I have almost 100 dives, during wreckmania I was pleasently suprised with new challenges and different diving conditions. I was able to have new variables to add when planning new dives and dive sites.

Hopefully even when my log book gets into 4 digits, there will be new experiences and wonders.

Originally posted by livestodive
I actually have more dives than posts.

I actually expected the poll to be more lopsided than it's coming out! - With quite a few with relatively high dives compared to their postings and lots of people that have easily racked up lots of posts while waiting for that monthly dive! I certainly didn't expect the "about even" crowd to be as high as it is.

Originally posted by livestodive
Hopefully even when my log book gets into 4 digits, there will be new experiences and wonders.

Amen!

While my posting has taken off, the rate of new dives added is slowing down. In the old days, I'd get 45 minutes per dive; now it's 90+ minutes. By the time I've slogged out of the water, I'm ready to call it a day*. At least I'm getting the same amount of BT.

Guess I'll have to start taking that second tank along, after all.

*This definitely does not apply to vacation diving!
:D

Dives way more than posts. Only 128 posts, well over 2000 dives. If I ever get more posts than dives, some one take me out and shoot me ;-}

Back
Top Bottom