Divesoft Freedom computer shows 0.3m on surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
One computer sais 0.1m, the other one sais 0.3m on surface. They are both one year old and worked fine until now. How can this happen? How can I solve this problem? Is there any chance to reset, may this help?

I did not dive the computers yet. I will probably dive them tomorrow.

Thanks for help.

Sensors can be impacted by atmospheric pressure (and altitude) as well as water. Mineral deposit build up can be an issue if they have been not soaked well afterwards.

For instance, For some computers the surface pressure is set based on the lowest pressure the computer sees in the 10 minutes prior to the computer being turned on.

My suggestion would be to soak well in warm fresh water after all dives and see what happens.

During last dives I used the Freedoms in clear water only and they where stored at 400 m altitude. Dives started at 400 m as well.

I was diving today. Both Freedoms seemed to show correct depth but I am not 100% sure about it. After dive both Freedoms showed 0.1m at surface. Strange.

I am not sure if they need repair. I will write to Divesoft.

I did help. I was able to recalibrate at 0.00 m, now everything works fine again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom