Diviac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind that dive medical insurance in not trip insurance and if your liveaboard decides not to run the trip die to weather crews on strike boat sinking etc you will be out the cost of the trip without trip insurance.

I believe that all divers even if they are doing local dives only should have dive medical insurance for every dive.

If you have health insurance already, the most important part of the dive med insurance is the evacuation insurance. Umpteen grand for the helicopter ride out of there...then the medical bills start

Nothing against Diviac or any other travel agency, but what are the advantages vs. booking with the liveaboard or resort direct ?

Nothing against Diviac or any other travel agency, but what are the advantages vs. booking with the liveaboard or resort direct ?

The insurance policy is a minor add-on, but the big thing for me was the 12% off sale they had last month. Saved me several hundred dollars.

Hi ronscuba,

You probably don’t need this answer from us, but the following is how we see liveaboard booking platforms as being helpful.

Using an online booking platform like diviac.com could be compared to using booking.com. It’s a step away from a traditional travel agency in that you book everything online. You benefit from live availability and live booking. And this process takes away the needless exchange of lengthy emails and the delays this brings, saving you loads of time.

There are several advantages to using Diviac over booking directly with a liveaboard or with a traditional travel agency, including:

1. As I hinted at above, Diviac offers online booking. It’s fast, easy and safe.

2. You pay the same price as you would booking directly with the liveaboard.

3. However, you get customer service that’s able to advise you on liveaboards from multiple companies. We give unbiased advice and don’t favor one boat over another. So you can get info on a wider selection of liveaboards, and therefore find a boat that is better suited to your needs.

4. You can compare and review multiple boats yourself. Read independent diver reviews and find info on each boat laid out in an easy-to-read format.

5. Paying for liveaboards online can be challenging when booking direct. Some require wire transfers or for you to send sensitive credit card information over email or fax. We use a secure credit card booking system and don’t charge any booking fees. This alone can save you up to 3%.

6. As already mentioned, we provide free dive insurance.

7. Our customer service agents are available 24/7, so you’ll always have support - from the first inquiry until you are finished with your scuba diving holiday.

8. Finally, Diviac has its own web portal. This way you can keep track of your bookings and reservations. You’ll always have this information at a glance, and you won’t have to fill in hundreds of registration forms - again saving you loads of time.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. We’d love to help you out when you book your next liveaboard. Even if you don’t intend to book with us, feel free to drop us a message through the live chat on our website, Facebook or at travel@diviac.com. We’re always happy to help :)

Last edited:
Just a heads up on Diviac, when they run a credit card, they for some reason have themselves classified as a software company rather than a travel agency. So, you don't get any bonus points when using a card that offers bonuses for travel purchases. Cost me about 1000 reward points just on my down payment, so I'll be using a different card when I pay my balance.

Hi Pillpusher!

Just wanted to let you know that we've had our classification changed. Now we will appear as a travel agency rather than a software company on credit card transactions. Thanks for making us aware of this issue!

Hi Pillpusher!

Just wanted to let you know that we've had our classification changed. Now we will appear as a travel agency rather than a software company on credit card transactions. Thanks for making us aware of this issue!

I stumbled upon this thread because I was wondering if I would get 3X points for them being a travel related merchant. Good to know. Woohoo!

FYI I just (2 days ago!) booked through Diviac because I did not want to book direct with the liveaboard. They only accepted wire transfers or cash and I did not feel comfortable doing that. I liked having a company with customer service and being able to pay with my credit card. Not only does it allow me some extra peace of mind but if issues arise, Diviac and/or my credit card company can help. They only required 20% down vs. Liveaboard.com, another agency I've used before, wanting 50% down. I booked a liveaboard for October 2017 with Liveaboard.com and their credit card payment system doesn't classify as travel at all. It's very PayPal-esque. Lastly, the 3X points is nice with Diviac.

Overall, my initial impression with Diviac is excellent. Liveaboard.com also had good customer service but I am heavily leaning towards Diviac more given the above, along with their website and user friendliness being better in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom