Diving and modeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HydroCaro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys

Please remove if not allowed, or please indicate which board I should post this on. I am a relatively new diver who has fallen in love with diving completely. This is sort of an off topic thing, but along with my career, I want to do modeling. I don’t think I’m great enough to do runway or be on Instagram, but I still enjoy it. Does anyone know of opportunities to model scuba gear, wetsuits, etc? Or places I should look? Again please remove if not allowed and I apologize.

Get some professional head shots and hit up the various agencies....no other way other than to walk around naked and attract photographers as far as I know:)..your in the right state!

with anything photography, modeling, acting....its about exposure and networking.

as said before ide get some head shots.....ide start and IG....and ide get in touch with local photographers and start having fun with it.....then reach out to agencies, local dive shops and equipment mfgs and bug the hell out of them.

the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I don’t know if this helps, but many years ago I dated a woman who modeled furs and winter coats for department stores. By her own account, she didn’t have model looks—she was pretty but not gorgeous—but she said looks didn’t matter so much in her niche. She said her main qualification was that she was tiny enough to look trim even with a bulky coat on.

It wouldn’t surprise me if lack of size similarly matters when selecting wetsuit models because few people look svelte while swathed in 7 millimeters of neoprene.

Just a guess based on very old information that may or may not be relevant. But thanks for reminding of someone nice I hadn’t thought of in a long time

Best wishes,

Perhaps if you were associated with a professional underwater photographer using models. I don't think it the easiest work.

Some well known name, I don't remember it now, published a book about how to be an underwater model many blue moons ago. She was from FL.

Good luck in getting advice. I've wrestled with this problem for years. Sorry, had to say that....

Back
Top Bottom