Diving Apo Island and Sumilon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,
I need your advise on dive operations and accommodations in Dumaguete or Dauin. I plan to stay on either one making short/long trips to the above islands. Desired features for dive shop: professional, no more than 10 people on the boat, all divers, good service before, in, and after. Desired features for a place to stay: on a shore, better be with the above dive shop, relaxed but with some life around.
All good and bad recommendation and references are appreciated.
Thanks to everybody who answer.
Cheers
Haiawata

We have stayed and dived with Liquid Dumaguete twice , this is a beautiful property and excellent diving. There were small groups , families , couples and many solos there. It's great value for what you get.

Thanks, Tippytoes!
How far this place from Dumaguete? Do they offer trips to Sumilon Island? How many people are on the boat? Are there restaurants around or all the food just at the resort? Is this easy getting to a market (fruits mostly) from there? Do they offer a fresh seafood in their menus?

Let me present myself to clarify the above questions. I have been few times to Philippines, never to this area though. My favorites are Moalboal, Bohol, with some reservations Malapasqua. I did not like Puerto Galera.
Cheers,
Haiawata

Hi
Thanks, Tippytoes!
How far this place from Dumaguete? Do they offer trips to Sumilon Island? How many people are on the boat? Are there restaurants around or all the food just at the resort? Is this easy getting to a market (fruits mostly) from there? Do they offer a fresh seafood in their menus?

Let me present myself to clarify the above questions. I have been few times to Philippines, never to this area though. My favorites are Moalboal, Bohol, with some reservations Malapasqua. I did not like Puerto Galera.
Cheers,
Haiawata

It's about 20 minutes from dumaguete and yes they offer trips to Sumilon weather permitting. It's a small resort and that bangka is a good size , maximum of about 12 divers I remember . We never went out I'm not sure what might be in the area and yes there is seafood on the menu. They serve lots of fruit on the boat and at breakfast. We loved the diving in Dumaguete , Apo is better that Maolboal and Bohol in my humble opinion and the macro is very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom