Diving at Menjangan, Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AleG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm leaving for Bali in a couple days, I'll be travelling from there to Surabaya stopping at many places along the way.
A guy I know told me that in Bali I simply must go to Menjangan for diving, I'm planning on staying in Lobina for a couple days so I think it's fairly close.

I have been awfully busy (well, still!) lately and I haven't had the time to check any dive operators for Menjangan. It's easy enough to search on Internet for Menjangan + Diving, but the good way of doing it is reading reviews, cross checking operators, etc, etc... Alas! no time!

So, what would you, yes, you!, recommend for diving at Menjangan? I don't need luxury, just a days trip, 2 or 3 dives at a reasonable price. On the other hand since I would be doing very few dives I'd like to know which divesites would be best.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I just dived Menjangan TODAY with SpiceDive & it was some of the best diving I've done in a while. They are basic but véry affordable: 40€ for full day of 2 dives+transfer+food.
& for that price I got my 1st Pygmee Seahorse AND my 1st Frogfish :D

I dove with Spice Dive too and slept in Lovina.

Well, I just dived Menjangan TODAY with SpiceDive & it was some of the best diving I've done in a while. They are basic but véry affordable: 40€ for full day of 2 dives+transfer+food.
& for that price I got my 1st Pygmee Seahorse AND my 1st Frogfish :D

I already got frogfish, but the Pygmee Seahorse has been eluding me. :blinking:

I'm checking the Spice Dive web site right now.

Well, what do you know, first dive, 5 minutes in, bang! pygmy seahorses. :D

We did two dives at Menjangang with Spice Dive, at Bat Cave and Cave Point. Really nice divesites although we didn't see any big stuff. The previous day I was told there where sharks, barracuda, eagle rays and turtles. Missed all that but still enjoyed the dives, there are some really big sea fans down there.

The first dive was more or less a shore dive from the anchored boat at the Pos 1 pier, ending with a boat pick up. The second was a roll out from the boat and ending at the shore where we began the first dive.

Water temperature was 26 degrees centigrade and visibility was 20 or 25 meters on the first dive and between 12 and 20 meters on the second one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom