Diving Dead Sea???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!!! I couldn't even get my boobies to sink!

The Dead Sea has reached the third stage of the New7Wonders of Nature campaign. You too can vote and make a difference!
join the official group on facebook: facebook.com/votedeadsea
or visit our website: votedeadsea.com

Wow. the price= really high...... Looks cool, but how much lead can one person put on? I could not sink no matter how hard I tried without gear. I can only imagine the buoyancy test....

Guy which was 182cm/100kg took 92 pounds of lead, with steel tank.....

Are you serious? IMO, there is no adventure dive worth that kind of hassle. I'll watch the videos and look at the pictures.

I debated it when I was there, but as ScubaSteve says too much hassle.

Plus it is 40+ degrees at the dead sea, carrying over 40kg of weight, plus all the gear...That's when I think diving ceases to be an enjoyment. At least for me.

Well, of course it is not that pleasure, I was planning to take couple of dives for taking pictures.
VictorP, 40kg is almost the weight infantryman is carrying, so we can survive it. as for 40+ degrees, you dont have to dive in August, I personally was planning in November.
In any case, I agree, this is not for something you would do everyday but it is kind of interesting adventure (well, if you take the price out of equation :) )

The Dead Sea is 378 m (1,240 ft) deep, the deepest hypersaline lake in the world. It is also one of the world's saltiest bodies of water, with 33.7% salinity. cool.

Well,
Its true, the diving at the Dead Sea isn’t easy b u t its totally deferent than any other dive you did.

The equipment, full face mask, the weight you need to carry, and the salty environment is unusual !
Even choosing the diving spot isn’t easy and sometimes very dangerous.
For several reasons the Dead Sea water level are going down, there are some places with drowning holes on the ground
that you cant see – trust me that if you will fall there – no one will find you !
Now, lets talk about the underwater sights… whit crystals of salt, all beautiful colors shining with the sun light and the salty water,
The feeling of diving in this water – slow motion, slow breathing, like walking on the moon!

The price… for 5 stars hosting including all the other activities, side by side with the best experts for Dead Sea diving – its worthwhile !!!

Sometimes you need to do something in order to understand it !

Someone how knows !

Take care,

Dead Sea Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom